what ferrets are best

I have both gills and hobbs, i find they both work diffrent if your netting up use a nice small gill who will fit trough the net with ease if you not useing nets and you want the dog to work on his/her quarry use a nice big hobb. But thats just my choice ATB mate :thumbs:

The main factor is they are from good working stock both hobs and jills will do the job a ferrets sex is personal prefrence to each ferreter i have had good and bad of both sexes but i prefere jills because they dont seem to kill as often as hobs but in saying that when ferreting big deep chalk warrens the hobs seem to fair better

Keeping a mixture of both is ideal

i agree with Max abell gills seems to bolt them better whilst hobs seem to kill in more but they all workthe same depends on the ferrets if there from working strain or not my friends once tried to get someones pet ferret going it wasent having it she would go down and come straight back up as for when she saw a rabbit she would rather play with t then kill it

I work both, and like has been said, bothhave their roles. I like hobs, they always seem to be proper characters.

Also,i always see a lot of folk saying they only work jills, and that seems the norm. I'd be loathe to get a kit of anyone who said them and their mates only worked jills!

Been out this morning with a young un entered hob and gill.

Looks like the gill is going to need a few outings.

The hob entered and all hell broke loose.

He bolted four.

Very pleased with the result considering they are this years kits

Do hobs enter quicker than jills.

They do if this morning is anyting to go by

I work both, and like has been said, bothhave their roles. I like hobs, they always seem to be proper characters.

Also,i always see a lot of folk saying they only work jills, and that seems the norm. I'd be loathe to get a kit of anyone who said them and their mates only worked jills!

Seems to be the way where I live. A few of the local ferreters think Im strange for working hobs.