keeping slugs out of my dog food bowl

Get some copper tape from ebay and put a strip round the bowl, slugs wont touch copper. done this myself and never had that problem again.

what about running a strip of copper all round the kennel + run, would that stop them getting in the 1st place .??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i allways take my bowls away straight after feeding and take water bowls out every night as they tend 2 be more active on a night for some reason ,i also but salt round perimtier of the run heard they

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... slugs are only there cause theres food for them.....

Get some copper tape from ebay and put a strip round the bowl, slugs wont touch copper. done this myself and never had that problem again.

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

is it a pain in the arse to walk him and give him fresh water daily aswell???

Always get one!!!!!!!!!! You dont think the slugs can get in the bowel after it has been changed???? Or don't you make sure your dog has access to water all the time.

I get the same problem. I scatter salt around it every now and then.

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... :blink: slugs are only there cause theres food for them..... :bye:

Go and have a can of beer you moody cnut :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its got to be the withdrawal symptoms making her cranky, or her other needs maybe need a sorting, we'l leave that one to lab

Always get one!!!!!!!!!! You dont think the slugs can get in the bowel after it has been changed???? Or don't you make sure your dog has access to water all the time.

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... :blink: slugs are only there cause theres food for them..... :bye:

i feed flesh which gets eaten straight away. i like to leave buiscuit down all the time for him until a few hours before i go lamping.

jesus its not a cat mate......i wouldn't leave biscuits down to it all the time. Does it catch anything???.. :hmm:

You say that lab my hunting partner feeds his purely on biscuit that are left down day and night unless lamping and his dogs are always in great shape and work well. We had that row god knows how many times but he does take it up a few hours before lamping.

I would never feed that way but hey that's me

Go and have a can of beer you moody cnut :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its got to be the withdrawal symptoms making her cranky, or her other needs maybe need a sorting, we'l leave that one to lab

you sound like a bitch so were even.... :cray:

what about running a strip of copper all round the kennel + run, would that stop them getting in the 1st place .??

hi bird i would think so, my dogs live inside at night so iv not tried that. my dog bowl was getting slugs on it while out at work on alternating shifts.

would nt stop them pikeys and scrap men though
  • Like 1

ive heard that too, have you tried it :thumbs: