keeping slugs out of my dog food bowl

does anyone know how i can stop slugs from getting into my dogs food bowl?

i was talking to a old gardner the other day and he reckons that slugs cant get over sand (is this true?) so i was thinking of putting a tray of sand down then putting my dogs food bowl in that.

its a pain in the arse washing his bowl out all the time. its just not that, i believe slugs can cause lung worm.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i allways take my bowls away straight after feeding and take water bowls out every night as they tend 2 be more active on a night for some reason ,i also but salt round perimtier of the run heard they

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... slugs are only there cause theres food for them.....

Get some copper tape from ebay and put a strip round the bowl, slugs wont touch copper. done this myself and never had that problem again.

Posted Images

i allways take my bowls away straight after feeding and take water bowls out every night as they tend 2 be more active on a night for some reason ,i also but salt round perimtier of the run heard they love larger but i,m not waisting any on them haha

• Like 2

If i use a bowl (Normal just chuck the meat too them too eat), I just pick the food bowls up just after they've finished which is normally seconds with my lot,

Cause as you say i can always see slug trails in them when left and hate the thought of lung worm ect, But i still find a few every now and a again in the water bowl.. I was thinking about doing some sort of free standing stand type thing that they cant crawl up

is it a pain in the arse to walk him and give him fresh water daily aswell???

Always get one!!!!!!!!!! You dont think the slugs can get in the bowel after it has been changed???? Or don't you make sure your dog has access to water all the time.

I get the same problem. I scatter salt around it every now and then.

If i use a bowl (Normal just chuck the meat too them too eat), I just pick the food bowls up just after they've finished which is normally seconds with my lot,

Cause as you say i can always see slug trails in them when left and hate the thought of lung worm ect, But i still find a few every now and a again in the water bowl.. I was thinking about doing some sort of free standing stand type thing that they cant crawl up

they seem 2 get every were i found them on the upstairs windows ,they are horrible things that can do serous damage

Always get one!!!!!!!!!! You dont think the slugs can get in the bowel after it has been changed???? Or don't you make sure your dog has access to water all the time.

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... :blink: slugs are only there cause theres food for them..... :bye:

• Like 2

well its hardly rocket science is it????? pick them up after you feed the dogs and it keeps them clean.... :blink: slugs are only there cause theres food for them..... :bye:

Go and have a can of beer you moody cnut :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

He really is an arsehole eh mate..?................... :whistling::D

He really is an arsehole eh mate..?................... :whistling::D

:laugh: :laugh: @ u both.....

:laugh: :laugh: lol rocket science , bless i think hes still struggling to walk upright!! :laugh:
  • Like 1

Salt is the answer for me - theres a topic in the terrier section about slugs in dogs kennel, but lots of posts to say how they prevent it.

Ive noticed alot more slugs this year for some reason, as have many. At first i was worried about the dogs licking the salt but they never did, so i would put a ring of salt around the bottom of their water bowl. I wash their food and water dishes out everyday and change their water three times daily, (if they havnt drank it).

As ive previously stated - they just sizzle away to nothing when doused in salt :D

Edited by MoChara
  • Like 1

Salt is the answer for me - theres a topic in the terrier section about slugs in dogs kennel, but lots of posts to say how they prevent it.

Ive noticed alot more slugs this year for some reason, as have many. At first i was worried about the dogs licking the salt but they never did, so i would put a ring of salt around the bottom of their water bowl. I wash their food and water dishes out everyday and change their water three times daily, (if they havnt drank it).

As ive previously stated - they just sizzle away to nothing when doused in salt :D

Get a f*****g job ffs!!!... :laugh:

Get a f*****g job ffs!!!... :laugh:

ive heard shes a "night worker"...... :whistling::D