45 year old beginner lol

im after a couple of bits of advice if you can guys and dolls,i'm new to air rifles and forums so please excuse me if i sound like a three year old,,,,,i own a hw80 and a hw97k, the hw80 is a second hand gun and after taking it to target sports to be checked and tested they said they could do nothing with it as it had been messed with ( bored out i think he said ),is there any way of restoring this gun back to its legitimate glory as i dont want to lose it,it was by the way only firing at 7flb.

Also can anyone advise on a decent but not expensive scope for either rifle, i have a hawke 3-9x40 map at present, but the scope keeps losing its zero every few shots, (hope its not the gun) had the gun two years but not really used it, thanks for your time

2nd point first - I've had good experience of hawke scopes with springers - could it be that the scope is broken? Try a different one first, but to me it sounds like the scope is fooked.

The 80 - don't know which gun shop you've tried or their reputation, but did they say what has been bored out? Could be they meant the compression chamber, in which case there should be a larger piston fitted. If I was closer I'd have a look, but a second opinion is needed I reckon.

ATB

Duncan.

Edited by The Duncan
  • Like 1

Hawkes are normally fine on springers, as are jsr scopes and many others. Sounds like your scopes fubar'd.

In your shoes I'd take the 80 to another gunsmith and ask for a full description of whats wrong with it. Impossible to diagnose without seeing it I'm afraid.

• Like 3

Hawkes are normally fine on springers, as are jsr scopes and many others. Sounds like your scopes fubar'd.

In your shoes I'd take the 80 to another gunsmith and ask for a full description of whats wrong with it. Impossible to diagnose without seeing it I'm afraid.

+1. Take it to a different gunsmith. I very much doubt the barrel has been bored out, but you never know. If it's the chamber been bored and a bigger piston put in, I would imagine it would put out way over 7 ft/lb.

Once you get a proper diagnosis of what is wrong with the gun, it will be possible to work out what needs doing.

These guns are pretty indestructable, so anything that has been done to it can almost certainly be "undone" - for the right money obviously.

Hello and welcome by the way :bye:

Edited by walshie
  • Like 1