Stupid myths and tales

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best we hear all the time on the hunting life is a English bred dog will be no good in Ireland hahahahaha

Some old dear saw my ridgeback killing a squirrel up the park. She was quite interested in her "hunting prowess" and asked me what she was crossed with. I said she was 100% ridgeback and this lady sai

I've a deer grey x saluki bull grey who is feathered looks like a pure saluki and a women approached me and said Is he an afghan hound no I replied he's a Lurcher with lots of different breeds in hi

Posted Images

ive been asked if me silver grizzle saluki is a husky....

if my saluki is a springer....

and people always call my terrier a jackrussel, its a fk**g plummer!!

oh, and i always get, dont you feed them dogs? thats niglect.

or you walk them dogs too much, from the likes who have stupid shihtzus lol!

I've a deer grey x saluki bull grey who is feathered looks like a pure saluki and a women approached me and said Is he an afghan hound :D no I replied he's a Lurcher with lots of different breeds in him I told her his breeding,she said but lurchers are small and hairy I said no a Lurcher can be any size depending on what the sighthound is crossed , she then said so is a whippet a Lurcher :icon_eek: no I replied it's a sighthound eventually she got the idea but then she said my English bull terrier was an illegal breed :laugh: and do I fight him :laugh: WTF I dont know how some peoples minds works.

• Like 3

A couple of the comments i got actually came from members off here -

One of the Greyhound one was asked in my gallery i think and had a is he whippet x in there too somewhere :D Ak but suppose it can be hard to tell from pictures like :laugh:

A pedigree is just the dogs lineage usually over 3 generations - so maybe that question isn't as stoopid as it first appears. :angel:

Was once told that my bull lurcher of 23" had Dane in it - woman had worked with Danes all her life and knew these things.

My Borzoi is apparently an EBT cross due to the long nose.

I met a lad in wexford ,he had a big over weight collie x with him,it hardly looked like a lurcher,but i asked about it and he said it was was not a full lurcher only half,

and i had some gobshite argue with me about my wheaten x apbt ,telling me that it was a Kerry red, :laugh: i said are you sure your not thinking about a Kerry blue

• Like 2

Myths :hmm: :hmm: I heard Millet as a Minshaw. :tongue2::laugh:

Funny you should say that..a young lad walked upto me the other day and said to me..is that a 3/4 Minshaw 1/4 collie.. :whistling: ..there is some numpties out there.. :D

• Like 1

In the last week my misses was told by a bloke with a whippet pup that lurchers only have rough coats and if it's got a short coat it's a greyhound, and I was asked by a women with a old lurcher I bumped into if my bitch was a pure bred lurcher ? I replied as pure as a dog made up of 3 different breeds can be.....She looked at me like I was a retard!! I'm pretty sure I'm not lol

Had anyone else heard any equally stupid myths or stories about lurchers ?

the best we hear all the time on the hunting life is a English bred dog will be no good in Ireland hahahahaha
  • Like 4