Jill or Hobs which you prefer to hunt it ? or does it matter ?

I been on the hunt for ferrets now a while and goin to look at some saturday. I hav a choice hobs or Jills. Which would lads prefer to hunt with.

I have choice of both. Apparently there already working and ready to hunt. It be ok to keep 2 jills together if i aint breathing them ?

I did search the search engine but did really find answers.

I always prefer jills seem to work better for me, but do have a pair of big hobs to send down sometimes to act as the heavys, the jills are more likley to live together during breeding season compared to hobbs, but this could go either way, never under estimate a ferret!

Jills will also need to be took out of season aswell, weather its breeding, jaffa hob or injection, so swings and round abouts!

My oppinion is Jills but its just me personaly.

Atb.

• Like 1

I work both and wouldn't be without ether. Hobs have more stamina on long days out and to the people who say Jill's are better bolters if a ferret wants to hold a rabbit down in the bottem of a tunnel it will it doesn't matter what it is

Lewis

• Like 1

Jills for me , work the warrens faster i think but hobs are just as good.All depends on the ferret itself all my jills are good workers some took longer to come on. i think every ferret can do the job just hobs are more lazy but the best worker ive ever seen is a small albino hob so you never know. My favourite is jills and if i was to get more the would all be white just so they are easier for me too see in the undergrowth.

I work both and wouldn't be without ether. Hobs have more stamina on long days out and to the people who say Jill's are better bolters if a ferret wants to hold a rabbit down in the bottem of a tunnel it will it doesn't matter what it is

Lewis

more stamina in hobs? i dont buy that, if your ferrets fit it will handle a long day. ive a freind with 2 jills last season and they would get taken out 4 days a week sometimes, full days and he caught a lot of rabbits for just 2 jills, and they were fine.