RIFLE NEEDED

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of experience for you buddy;   In the spirit of honesty, i once put in a sales ad my 97 had once fired at 12.4ftlbs after stripping down and relubing and had required a detune. Next day I had a

Personally , I would have made sure I got all my kit sorted before getting any permission . Not only does it look unprofessional , but to be told by the land owner what gun you need fills me with drea

Basically a big f**k you il do what I want attitude lol nice one

Posted Images

good gun in the right hands with the right pellets, i think your making what could be a large,costly mistake asking for opinions on guns on a forum as large as this as there will be a fan of every gun made somewhere.

the way you should be going is trying out as many types as possible to see what suits you, there is no such thing as a perfect gun that all can use,there are only guns that some find easier to use accuratly than others, yes there are some that should not go anywhere near a hunting situation but your budget should rule out most of the crap, another thing you need to budget for is a means of filling a PCP, apart from those little thoughts have fun, and good hunting

• Like 2

If you must buy the stealth make sure you run it over a chrono for at least a ten shot string consistency can be a big issue with some before you hand your cash over.

And when I say clean it I don't mean just a wipe over you need to remove barrel hammer bolt and trigger mechanism

Only ever use mine for close quarter shooting out to 30 yards max because only having a 12 inch barrel accuracy over longer distance can be problematic

I take it your going to be practicing on targets with this new rifle to make sure you can hit these targets at 40+ yards on the bull at least 9 out of 10 times !

other wise its not very fair to the quarry you going after is it !

I'm not being funny or nothing mate but theres blokes on here that are fantastic shots but only because they practise like mad on targets first to make sure they can make these long range shots consistently.

Hmm still its a sod if you buy it and then find out its in need of a fair bit of work or say it starts playing up after a little while.

For the money a BSA Ultra or Air Arms S200 would of been a better buy for a more user friendly rifle.

Don't touch the stealth it's a crock of shit! Sounds to me you want a FAC rated gun for which you need to have a certificate for! Are you sure you know what your doing? I'm full of doubts reading this but like stated it may just be the way it's coming across.

• Like 3

Micheal...

NUMBER ONE.

If you are strapped for cash, there is no such thing as a cheap Rapid 7 or Gunpower Stealth on a budget. All you will end up with is a buggered-up basket case that won't last 5 minutes and will cost you dearly to fix right...if at all.

NUMBER TWO.

Since when was this landowner a connoisseur of your preferred shooting equipment??

THREE.

You've got the permission. That is good.

Now set yourself a full day's shooting with whatever you have to begin with. If you can produce decent 1p groups at 30 yards with it, a decent bag should easily fall to you with it. That at least, should shut him up. As for choice of new rifle, there are a lot more choices better than Gunpower Stealths and Theoben Rapid 7s. Especially if you are a bit strapped.

This landowner sounds like he's not familiar with air rifle hunting, beyond what he's read/been quoted by the air gun press. And you are coming across as an absolute novice who will jump at his command to use the first thing that comes into his head...WHY?!

You will only successfully shoot with what YOU prefer to shoot with.

Start there!

And by the way mate, Yes, everyone here will have heard of Air Arms' S410 Classic. if you like it, that will make an excellent rifle for you.

Regards.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 1