COME ON TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

Josh Taylor. Boxed and beat one of the favourites boxers doing well in the early rounds

Beckey got a silver in the pool beat the time she won gold with in china And still silver competition is tuff

Are super heavy boxers today Should go through.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Race has nothing to do with anything for me, its all down to morals, attitude and behavior. There are good and bad in all walks and religions in life. .....and yep I would kiss his his little bald he

All hail Sir Chris Hoy!

What an athlete Mo Farrah he knew he had it in the bag....seems a real nice fella as well........... I think these games have been absolutely superb in every way i think even the most harshest critic

Posted Images

Anthony Joshua. Just beat the Cuban. Nephew of the legend that was savon. Well done the big fellla and well done the gb boxing team. Coaches. This lad has only been boxing a few years. Quarter finals next

Edited by gonetoearth

Anthony Joshua. Just beat the Cuban. Nephew of the legend that was savon. Well done the big fellla and well done the gb boxing team. Coaches. This lad has only been boxing a few years. Quarter finals next

. Oh and not for getting cool hand Luke. Cambel Quarter finals.

Thought he was lucky to get the decision myself but its all good onwards and upwards................

gte have you got any idea how the scoring for the medals table works ?................for example GB are currently 11th with 2 gold 3 silver 4 bronze................yet Kazakstan who have 3 golds only are 8th :blink: .......surely 1 gold cant have more value than 3 silvers and 4 bronze.............any idea how it works ?

Thought he was lucky to get the decision myself but its all good onwards and upwards................

gte have you got any idea how the scoring for the medals table works ?................for example GB are currently 11th with 2 gold 3 silver 4 bronze................yet Kazakstan who have 3 golds only are 8th :blink: .......surely 1 gold cant have more value than 3 silvers and 4 bronze.............any idea how it works ?

. It's the total number. , thought it was close but he surprised me thought he would surcome to the Cuban. And to his experience. One of ares in the corner made the difference lol

Dont seem right to me......so if for instance France got 2 golds and nothing else..............but GB got 1 gold 15 silver and 15 bronze.......................France finish higher in the table !!!............Sounds a bit daft if you ask me.

Dont seem right to me......so if for instance France got 2 golds and nothing else..............but GB got 1 gold 15 silver and 15 bronze.......................France finish higher in the table !!!............Sounds a bit daft if you ask me.

. Oh I get you now am on it. I'll ask some one in the know

Gnasher, Highest number of golds, then highest number of silver then highest number of bronze.

If a team are tied on golds, then the order of them is decided on number of silvers and if still tied it is decided on number of bronze.

That's why up untill yesterday Lithuania were beating us with their one gold! lol.

Basically, no amount of silvers or bronzes are considered equal to one gold. It's a controversial system. Some say each medal should carry points, say gold=3, silver=2 and bronze=1.

:thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter

Also, I'm not sure but I don't think the IOC actually support any such medal table of nations. Something to do with the olympics being about the athletes and not the nations?

So basically the medal table as we know it isn't strictly 'official'.................... I think...... but it is the unoffically accepted rating system by errrrrmmmmm everyone. :laugh::blink:

Andy Murray through to the semi's in Tennis, I really hope he can win this, he said yesterday how the crowd being more boisterous than at Wimbledon is really helping him play a more relaxed game.

A few medals are starting to come in now, be nice to see 2 golds in the velodrome today.

Gemma Gibbons through to the Judo final, C'mon GB !!

• Like 1

Also, I'm not sure but I don't think the IOC actually support any such medal table of nations. Something to do with the olympics being about the athletes and not the nations?

So basically the medal table as we know it isn't strictly 'official'.................... I think...... but it is the unoffically accepted rating system by errrrrmmmmm everyone. :laugh::blink:

Does the country that gets highest on the medal table win anything mate?...................if not then who cares....... :D