Irish Game & Country Fair Birr 25th & 26th August

Just putting the finishing touches to the plans for the Irish Game & Country Fair at Birr which promises to be one of the best yet in terms of attractions, competitions, prize funds and range of trade stands. The largest sporting organisations in Ireland have pulled out all of the stops to mount their best ever exhibits with the largest organisation the NARGC mounting the largest exhibit they have ever mounted at any event; Countryside Alliance Ireland will also have a major presence as will FISSTA the main salmon fishing association. These will be supported by a host of other organisations including the fast emerging IWTF who we welcomed at Shanes Castle for the first time earlier in the month.

The Terrier & Lurcher events are being organised by the Roscrea Club and the prize fund is building nicely for both showing and racing with the final event the Five Nations Lurcher Championship being given pride of place in the main arena at 5.00pm on Sunday 26th. There are two more chances to qualify for this event in Ireland at Tom Barry's show or the Lawrencetown event. The terrier & lurcher events will as normal be staged within the fair with their own dedicated car parking.

Racing will take place on Saturday and the showing Sunday. Full details will be posted next week. For those who are making a weekend of it I am happy to supply two day passes at a discount but you must contact me before 12th August at irishgamefair@btinternet.com to acquire these.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Albert, I wont be paying into Birr this year when I can attend a national show in Borris for free.     best of luck with the show.

Birr last year was one of the best shows i was ever at and if this year is half as good ,it is well worth attending

I disagree with you on this matter, you judge them on whether they are fit for purpose or not. A terrier must be able to fit up to a fox within reason. If what you say about KC shows being similar may

Albert, I wont be paying into Birr this year when I can attend a national show in Borris for free.

best of luck with the show.

Your choice and it is always good to have a choice provided.

If you think it is better for terriers, lurchers and whippets not to be part of the fair like the other sports such as shooting, angling etc then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

BUT so long as we have terriers, llurchers and whippet competitions at our fairs they will be an integral part of them with first class facilities inside, good prize funds, good judges and be part of our PR and advertising. We view the terrier & lurcher fraternity as an integral and normal part of the whole country sports community at our fairs not a group that has to be or should be treated differently. If you think the terrier, lurcher and whippet cause is best served in a field outside the fair rather than being part of it, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one!

Albertj

Edited by AlbertJ

Albert, I wont be paying into Birr this year when I can attend a national show in Borris for free.

best of luck with the show.

Your choice and it is always good to have a choice provided.

If you think it is better for terriers, lurchers and whippets not to be part of the fair like the other sports such as shooting, angling etc then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

BUT so long as we have terriers, llurchers and whippet competitions at our fairs they will be an integral part of them with first class facilities inside, good prize funds, good judges and be part of our PR and advertising. We view the terrier & lurcher fraternity as an integral and normal part of the whole country sports community at our fairs not a group that has to be or should be treated differently. If you think the terrier, lurcher and whippet cause is best served in a field outside the fair rather than being part of it, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one!

Albertj

i will agree with you there Albert. at moira this year it was the first big fair since that crap on bbc that tried to make out that every1 who owns a terrier or lurcher is a badger baiter, next thing we are pushed out of the main fair ground. and not many general public got to see any racing or showing were it may have changed their minds on us hunting folk rather than the propaganda that would have been fresh in their minds from the bbc. we do not need to be hid (out the back door) at game fairs we are as much a part of country life as an angler or a gun dog man or a clay pigeon man e.t.c.. it is nice to get in for free though most seemed to pay in and view the main fair on the day.
  • Like 1

That is how I see it. The reasons why I continue to run game fairs is to promote and protect all legal country sports. I am in the happy position that I do not need to take a salary from the fairs and that is why we invest the money necessary to make them successful first and profitable secondly. Our team all feel similarly about our fairs which is why we put back more into prize funds than any other organising team either here or in the UK.

We have concentrated on giving value for money through ticket offers such as if you purchased a ticket for Ballywalter you got admission to Shanes for a £5 or £10 a family and Birr for €5 or €15 a family. Or of your purchase a subscription to our magazine at £15 you get a free ticket for Birr or Shanes woth £10 or €15. Or if you want to get a two day ticket for Birr contact me on irishgamefair@btinternet.com before 12th August and I will arrange a discount for you.

As organisers we don't really see the point of having events outside of the fair but as you say it does give you the opportunity to compete for free if you are happy to simply drive to the field outside the fair and then go home.

Albertj

I was at birr last year and the terriers and lurchers were away from the main fair out on their own at Moria there are actually closer to the main fair now how can u say at birr u keep them part of the main fair

I was at birr last year and the terriers and lurchers were away from the main fair out on their own at Moria there are actually closer to the main fair now how can u say at birr u keep them part of the main fair

i agree, well about birr anyway as i havn't been to moira, albert i was at birr 2 years ago and swore i would never go back again but after you said that there would be big changes, i decided to give it a go, the lurcher and terrier area couldn't be any more hidden out the way and there were more food stalls than any other, i'm finding with every year there are less and less country sport stalls, i certainly won't be buying into any of the over inflated prices and 15euro entry fee ( which must be one of the most expensive fairs ) this year, which is a shame as my young lad is getting to the age where he would be tagging along, but not at those prices...........

Best atmosphere than any of the other huntshow/fair. Plenty of stalls-we wont go hungry anyway :). Loads for all the family. Albert can you pm me on how to go about getting a ticket bunch of 5-tickets?? Hope to go this year again

at 30 euro for 2 adults plus another 50 for diesel and then dealing with the fact the lurchers arent even in the show area,I think I'll wipe this one from my ''to do'' list also,

Rocko,

I am sorry but you have it completely wrong - the Terrier & Lurchers at Moira were outside the main fair whereas at Birr they were inside the fair in the same area as the clays - both located in the best areas for them within the fair. There were trade stands and facilities in the same field and this was a short walk in beautiful gardens to the Angling Row. Huge difference . And of course day I say the facilities for the terriers & lurchers at Birr were superior to those at Moira.

i agree, well about birr anyway as i havn't been to moira, albert i was at birr 2 years ago and swore i would never go back again but after you said that there would be big changes, i decided to give it a go, the lurcher and terrier area couldn't be any more hidden out the way and there were more food stalls than any other, i'm finding with every year there are less and less country sport stalls, i certainly won't be buying into any of the over inflated prices and 15euro entry fee ( which must be one of the most expensive fairs ) this year, which is a shame as my young lad is getting to the age where he would be tagging along, but not at those prices...........

The terriers and lurchers were NOT hidden away but were in a very good location in the same field as the clay area - which clay shooters think is the best area at any fair in Ireland! Anyone parking in the car park for clays or anything else had to pass the terrier & lurchers - some hidden area! The location for terrier & lurchers WITHIN the fair was chosen by the organisers because they wanted a SPECIAL DISPENSATION - the terrier & lurcher owners get to park beside their competition area. That is different to them being deliberately placed outside the fair.

There were not more food stalls than anything else at Birr - and there were more country sports stands at Birr than at any fair in Ireland. As I said above we have offered various discounts to take account of the recession in spite of continuing escalating costs to us. And we have kept up our investment in prizes. Where else in Ireland can you have a day out for the same money and the opportunity to compete for such good prizes? And the estate gardens normally €8 are part of the package. As I always like to encourage the young - you pay for yourself and the boy can come as my guest with a burger meal thrown in for him. Can't be any fairer than that!

Albert

albertJ

at 30 euro for 2 adults plus another 50 for diesel and then dealing with the fact the lurchers arent even in the show area,I think I'll wipe this one from my ''to do'' list also,

Jigsaw - poor attempt to critcise the fair. All the fairs in UK or Ireland are similar or larger prices. As I indicated above there were and are ways to have had or have a substantial dscount. There is nothing I can do about deisel prices!

The terrier & lurchers are WITHIN the show area similar to the clay competition - this in fact is probably the biggest clay competition in Ireland this year - do the clay shooters whinge about their area - no they think it the best location of any clay competition of any fair with excellent drive in and park facilities beside their competition, some relevant trade stands and a short walk through beautiful gardens to the other trade stands. Are they in a better location than the terrier & lurchers - NO!

Why are the terriers and lurchers in the area they are in : very simple to give the space for good racing and for ring side parking - they have the prime position in that particular area of the fair and everyone using that or the town car parks or walking to and from the clays have to walk past them. Finally the main reason why they are in their location is because THAT IS THE AREA WITHIN THE FAIR CHOSEN BY THE EVENT ORGANISERS!

AlbertJ

i never understood that terrier lurchers free entry at moira as i see it if your going to the game fair you ll want to see all the other bits and peices of the fair and its not like there s one on every weekend so im with albert on this one everything inside the confines of the whole fair so everything is on a level pegging terriers and lurchers are as important as any other fieldsport on display so thats were it should be and everyone pays in as these things are nt the cheapest things to organise and stage if you dont want to pay and contribute to your sports future and public image then easy stay at home

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By appleblossom
      MY SHOW LIST SO FAR FOR 2024

SATURDAY 15th JUNE 24
      MEATH FOXHOUNDS CLUB DOG SHOW ( 5 NATIONS QUALIFER  )
      CORTOWN
      KELLS
      CO MEATH
      A82 W7R7

SUNDAY 16th JUNE 24
      KILKENNY FOX HOUNDS WORKING DOG SHOW
      THOMASTOWN
      CO KILKENNY
      R95 W611

SUNDAY 7th July 24
      THE GLENSHANE WORKING DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY
      MAGHERA ROAD
      TOBERMORE
      MAGHERAFELT
      BT45 5QE
      SUNDAY 14th July 24
      IWTF DOG SHOW
       STACKALLEN
       SLANE
      CO MEATH
      C15 RD42
      SATURDAY 20th July 24
      WEST WATERFORD HOUND AND WORKING DOG, AND FAMILY FUN DAY SHOW ( 5 NATIONS QUALIFER   )
      AT TALLOW , CO WATERFORD
      P51 X281

SATURDAY 27th JULY 24
      BURREN WORKING DOG SHOW AND RACE DAY
      All proceeds to Cancer charity..
      THE GREEN ROAD
      NEWRY
      CO DOWN
      BT34 2PT

SATURDAY 17th AUGUST 24  ( 5 NATIONS QUALIFER  AND MASTER Mc GRATH )
      Tally Ho Working Dog Show and Race Day,
      at Ballee Playing Fields
      Ballymena
      Co Antrim
      BT42 2JU
      SUNDAY 18th AUGUST 24
      UNCLE SUNNYS CHARITY DOG SHOW  ( in aid of suicide awareness)
      Full Details Later. 
      SUNDAY 25th AUGUST 24
      Mc GRATH LURCHER RACING CLUB,DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY 
      BALLINBRANAGH
      CO CARLOW
      R93 K573
      SUNDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 24
      BLKs DOG SHOW AND WORKING DOG RING (FULL DETAILS LATER ) 
      BELFAST

SUNDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 24
      CLONSHIRE COUNTRY FAMILY DAY
      ADARE
      CO LIMERICK
      V94 HF80

Margaret Mc Stay
    • By appleblossom
      The Annual DWTC Dog Show Sunday 26th May 24.
      The sun was beaming down on the Gilford countryside last Sunday morning 26th May 24 as the good canine folk from North and South of the border made their way to the DWTC (Tom Barrys) annual dog show. This location was an excellent venue for a dog show with good ringside parking and well spaced out rings.
      The good weather brought the crowds out to full capacity. The children were bouncing about enjoying themselves in the mid-day sun, while the older folk showed off their prized canine friends in the different ring categories.
      From early morning, cars and trailers arrived with families and dogs in tow.  As the show progressed, so did the banter and the craic. The raffle always generates a flurry of excitement around the field with some nice prizes on offer. Some happy punters went home with some lovely prizes.
      Time moves swiftly on and very soon it was Showing Time. 
      Here are the results from the pen of Tom Barry.

Champion Whippet Pup 
      Suzanne Addis with Jax.
      Champion Terrier  PUP
      Jonny with Bramble.
      Champion Lurcher Pup
      Kyle Quinn with Ranger.
      Champion Strong Dog Pup
      Gerard Bailey with Buster.
      Champion Terrier.
      Kyle Quinn with Meg.
      Champion Lurcher 
      Neil Fitzpatrick with Spike.
      Champion Whippet 
      Vanessa Lynn with Louis.
      Champion Strong Dog 
       DECKY MC DAID WITH DARLA
      Bull x Champion and Darren Mackin Cup 
      Neil Fitzpatrick with Rocky.
      Overall Champion
      Decky Mc Daid with Darla
      Congratulations to all the above winners.
      And Finally Tom would like to thank the Judges on the day for a job well done
      Terriers /Jed Brady  
      Strong Dogs /Tim Mc Kinstry  
      Lurchers/Sean Lavery  
      Whippets/TJ Barry  
      Judging is not an easy job, but you all carried out your duties very fair and to perfection. Some cracking photographs up on Hunting Life at the moment. This is what memories are made off, and It is nice to have them to look back on when winter  hits the window.
      And Finally Finally, I always save the best to last. To the show organiser Tom Barry  and your back up team, you produced a first class show with impeccable skill and organisation and pulled out all the stops to make your show a memorable day full of excitement and enjoyment for everyone. I am told every part of your show went like clockwork. Well done and a credit to all involved. 
      Unfortunately I could not make any of the shows last weekend, apologies, as I ended up in Craigavon Hospital with a septic foot from a Clegg bite I got at Craigavon Lakes out luring our dogs the previous Tuesday evening. That turned into a very bad infection, resulting in last weekend totally out for me. Upwards and Onwards, I am up and running again.
      To we meet again God bless, and keep safe.
      Margaret Mc Stay  
    • By appleblossom
      TALLY HO WORKING DOG SHOW SATURDAY 25th MAY 24.
      TALLY HO AND AWAY WE GO WAS ON THE LIPS OF ALL GOOD CANINE FOLK AS THE ROAD LAY BEFORE THEM AND BALLEE PLAYING FIELDS,BALLYMENA CAME INTO SIGHT ON SATURDAY 25TH MAY 24
      I HAD LOOKED FORWARD TO THIS SHOW FOR MANY MONTHS ONLY TO FALL AT THE LAST HURDLE AND END UP IN A&E  WITH A SEPTIC ANKLE  FROM A CLEGG BITE  GIFTED TO ME WHEN WE WERE OUT LURING OUR WHIPPETS THE PREVIOUS TUESDAY  EVENING. BUT I HAD MY REPORTES AT THE SHOW ON SATURDAY AND FILLED ME IN WITH ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR. 
      AS THE SUN BOUNCED OF THE FAMOUS SEVEN TOWERS, COUPLED WITH THE SOUND OF BARKING DOGS AND THE LAUGHTER OF THE WE PEOPLE, VERY SOON IT WAS EVEIDENT THE LONG AWAITED TALLY HO WORKING DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY WAS ON ITS WAY. 
      FROM EARLEY MORNING TRAILER LOADS OF ALL BREED OF DOGS WERE ARRIVING IN ABUNDANCE IN THE FIELD. 
      ALL RINGS WERE SET UP AND WELL SPACED OUT. PETER NEVER DOES ANYTHING IN HALF MEASURE. FOR THE CHILDREN HE HAD TWO BOUNCY CASTLES AND LOADS OFF GOODIES IN THE CHILD HANDLING RING. A BURGER VAN, AND  JAZZIES SWEET STALL WITH AMERICAM SWEETS AND JUICE ON SALE.  PAUL BOYD WAS THERE WITH HIS COUNTRY SPORTS GEAR, WITH EVERYTHING THE DOG WORLD NEED. THERE WAS ALSO A CATAPULT STALL. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE AT THIS SHOW
      THE RAFFLE GENERATED A FLURRY OF EXCITEMENT AROUND THE RINGS. MANY HAPPY PUNTERS WENT HOME WITH ARMFULS OF LOVELY PRIZES.
      TIME PASSES SO QUICKLY, VERY SOON IT WAS SHOW TIME. 
      Here are the Showing Results. Hope I have got most of them With Peters help.

CHILDRENS HANDLING CLASS 
        1/BONNIE TRUESDALE
      2/HANNAH LEE
      3/KAT COY
      4/THEA TAGGART
        PET CLASS CHAMPION
        LEAH  MILLER WITH CALLIE
      LADIES HANDLING CLASS
      CASSIE GRAHAM
      GENTS HANDLING CLASS
      DECLAN Mc Donald
        CHAMPION TERRIER
        CAYCE COYLE WITH ROOK
      RESERVE 
      REECE CURREN WITH CLYDE
        CHAMPION WHIPPET
        SUZANNE ADDIS WITH JAX
      RESERVE
      SIAN KRYSTEN WEBB WITH TIKKA
        CHAMPION LURCHER
        GED DONAGH WITH JAKE
      RESERVE
      GED DONAGH WITH KEV
        CHAMPION PAIRS
        THOMAS MOORE WITH DIGGER AND FERN
      RESERVE  
      GED DONAGH WITH FINN AND JAKE
        PUPPY CHAMPION STRONG DOG
        NEIL PINKERTON  WITH SHILLELAGH

CHAMPION STRONG DOG
        ANDY SPENCE WITH SNIPER
        CHAMPION PUP
        GED DONAGH WITH SHEA
      RESERVE
      JAMES MULLEN WITH TOBY
        CHAMPION BULLY
        CARLA Mc DONNELL WITH SANCHO
      RESERVE
      SARAH SMITH WITH CHINO
        PETERS CHOICE OVERALL  CHAMPION
        CASSIE GRAHAM WITH RAXOR 
          OVERALL CHAMPION AND BEST IN SHOW
        ANDY SPENCE WITH SNIPER
        RESERVE
      SUZANNE ADDIS WITH JAX

RACING RESULTS FROM THE PEN OF JOANNA RELF LEE
      Champion: John Williams - Lightening
      Reserve: Jed Donagh – Tess
      Whippet Pups
      Champion: James Mullan - Toby
      Reserve: Leah Millar – Callie
      Whippet Dog
      Champion: Fred Gentle - Clive
      Reserve: James Mullan – Max
      Whippet Bitch
      Champion: Susan McCann - Penny
      Reserve: Suzanne Addis – Poppy
      Under 21
      Champion: Rose McCoy - Arlo
      Reserve: Yapper Hayes - Jessie
      Under 23
      Champion: Kirsty Harper - Dash
      Reserve: Vanessa Lynn - Arthur
      Under 24
      Champion: Colin Tucker - Fletcher
      Reserve: Kirsty Harper – Chucky
      Hairy Over 25, Mick the Miller
      Champion: Errol Gardiner - Chase
      Reserve: Stephen Mc Cook – Champ
      Smooth Over 25 Master Mc Grath
      Champion: John  Williams - Sass
      Reserve: Gareth Rea – Jack
      Bull Cross Dog
      Champion: Stephen Mc Cook - Champ
      Reserve: Ashton Sands – Coop
      Bull Cross Bitch
      Champion: Tiernan Byrne – Mollie
      Reserve: Kirsty Smyth – Lucy
      Terriers
      Champion: Jed Donagh – Thug
      Reserve: Aibhne Reid – Mollie
      Again the racing went like clockwork under the superb efficiency and organization of the Lee Family. Joanna Ralph Lee, Matthew Lee and Dad  Matt senior. All credit on the day to all three people for a job well done.
      And Finally, on behalf of Peter, may I take this opportunity to thank the judges on the day:
      Whippets/Susan McCann
      Lurchers/Gerald Maybin
      Bullies/Gail Ross
      Working Strong Dogs/Matt Lee
      Ladies & Gents Handling Class/Matthew Lee
      Pets/Joanna Ralph Lee
      Childrens Handling Class: 
      Peter Morgan
      And Finally, Finally, None of this would be possible without the hard work and dedication behind the scenes of the man at the helm, Peter Morgan and the Tally Ho back up team. Peter is a dedicated doggie man and worked tirelessly to make last Saturday enjoyable for all our good Country Sports folk. Peter your show was an overwhelming success with top quality Trophies, Raffle prizes and Dog meal and a credit to you and your organisational skills.  Thank you from all of us for a great Country Sporting Saturday and I am already looking forward to your next show in August God willing.  

Margaret Mc Stay 

• By appleblossom
      South Tyrone Fox Hounds Dog Show and Raceday, Saturday 18th May 24
      Annaghmore Raceway is an up to date and well designed track set in the leafy picturesque Armagh countryside.  As the new summer season of the thrills and spills of our dog shows commence, this venue was the ideal spot for the South Tyrone Foxhounds Dog Show and Race Day last Saturday 18th My 24. 
      From early morning, cars and trailers arrived from North and South of the border, with families and dogs in tow. There was a Burger Bar, a Country Sports Stand, and a goodies stand for the wee people on site   
      As the show progressed, so did the banter and the craic. It was nice to meet up with so many regular show goers, and also to meet some new ones. Our Canine people have hearts of gold, always contributing  and supporting our charities along the way, and this one was no different. What a lovely job this is. 
      Niall O Cloghan and sons were there with their wonderful Terrier Maze. This maze brings so much joy and excitement to every Terrier man in the country, seeing their well breed terriers running the gauntlet from one end of the Maze to the other and winning a prize at the end of it. Niall this Maze is a great invention and long may it continue.
      The weather was glorious with sunshine all day. The show started at approximately 12.00 noon with the racing first.
      Here are the Racing and Showing Results  
      Racing Results from the pen of Katelyn Mc Kenzie
      FROM THE PEN OF KATELYN Mc KENZIE
      PUPPY RACE
      1/ JOHN WILLIAMS WITH SASS
      2/ JOHN WILLIAMS WITH LIGHTENING
      U21 ELITE
      1/ ROSE Mc COY WITH ARLO
      2/ DEIRDRE Mc COY WITH DAISY
      U23 ELITE
      1/ LEANNE HAWTHORNE WITH CASEY
      2/ VANESSA LYNN WITH ARTHUR
      O23 ELITE
      1/ COLIN TUCKER WITH FLETCHER
      2/ JAN SEN WITH WHIPPY
      U23  TRADITIONAL LURCHER
      1/ YAPPER HAYES WITH LADY
      2/ MASON THOMPSON WITH JESS
      023 TRADITIONAL LURCHER
      1/ LEANNE HAWTHORNE WITH DENZIL
      2/ HARRY ROACH WITH SULA
      024 MASTER Mc GRATH QUALIFER
      1/ JAN SEN WITH WHIPPY
      2/ JOHN WILLIAMS WITH LIGHTENING
      LIGHT BULL X
      1/ JOYCE SCOTT WITH AXEL
      2/  SMYTH WORKING KENNELLS WITH LUCY
      HEAVY BULL X
      1/ JOYCE SCOTT WITH MABEL
      2/ LEANNE HAWTHORNE WITH SOLO
      WHIPPETS
      1/ FRED GENTLE WITH CLIVE
      2/ LEIGH THOMPSON WITH HARLEY
      Showing Results
      Whippets
      Kayden Cosgrove with Essie
      Reserve
      Colin Tucker with Cooper
      Lurchers
      Patrick Moore with Darkie
      Reserve
      Katelyn Mc Kenzie with Xena
      Terriers
      Jamie Barry with Luna
      Reserve
      Barry Liggett with Archie
      Strong Dogs
      Corey Beggs with Paco
      Reserve
      Andy Spence with Trooper
      Overall Champion and Best in Show
      Corey Beggs with PACO
      Hounds
      Champion Dog = Meath Parson
      Reserve
      South Tyrone Harold
      Champion Lady Dog = Meath Pleasure
      Reserve
      South Tyrone Glossy
      Champion Hound = Parson
      Terrier Maze Results
      1/ Lee Pinney with Cooper
      2/ Pauric Charley with Sally
      3/ John Reid with Roxy
      And Finally, may I take this opportunity to thank the judges and their ring stewards on the day for a job well done.
      Whippets =   Janet Duke
      Lurchers =    Mark Mc Ilroy
      Terriers   =    Dave Roberts
      Strong Dogs =  Jonny Bell
      Pets               =   Karla
      Judging is not an easy job, but you were consistent and fair, and very successful with the end product. 
      The racing was carried out to perfection by a young lady of young years Katelyn McKenzie, with the help of her mother Leanne Hawthorne, herself has many years of experience in the Canine world. A job well done ladies.
      Some lovely photographs were taken on the day by Eamon Mc Erlean. You definitely have the knack of photography Eamon, and no doubt these will be up on the site shortly.
      And Finally, Finally for a first time show, well what can I say. They say behind every good man is a good woman and Hanna Heinonen you definitely fit that bill. Hanna Heinonen and Ryan Carville you run this show with impeccable organisation, along with your team Charlotte Eaton, Daniel Jones and other members of the committee. 
      Hanna and Ryan, you pulled out all the stops on the day and produced a first time top class show with a top class venue on the day. Well done and a credit to all involved.
      I am Looking forward to more of the same in 2025.
      This show was in aid of Air Ambulance Northern Ireland, and what a cause. The air ambulance saves so many lives each year and have touched on all our lives in one way or the other. What a deserving Charity.

Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom
      COME ON DOWN TO THE DWTC DOG SHOW THIS SUNDAY 26TH MAY 24. SEE U ALL THERE.         All reactions: 1Rob Hicks     8     Like       Comment     Share    
                          Comment     Share