whats the best way to get a heavy lurcher fit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye fella I take it you walk them every day, I would hardly call it graft..   If thats the case mine work everyday of the year sometimes twice a day.. :laugh:   If you run your dog on 40 odd rab

a heavy lurcher needs walked and ran plenty of lead work and loose running. chaseing a ball is ideal as is running a lure. i find three or four miles a day plus off lead stuff for ten /fifteen minutes

3 mile roadwork and then a good hours free running/hunting about daily should see a heavy dog soon start to get in shape...then in season a few nights lamping mixed in should have a fit and healthy do

Posted Images

a heavy lurcher needs walked and ran plenty of lead work and loose running. chaseing a ball is ideal as is running a lure. i find three or four miles a day plus off lead stuff for ten /fifteen minutes is ample. they shouldnt need it in the season. :thumbs: . the key to keeping a heavy lurcher at its best is getting its weight right. my dog runs like a cart horse if he is carrying any exess weight. and burns out quick if he is to light. . weigh your dog regular and keep notes on how it performs. you will soon find an ideal weight. some folk would be surprised how quick a heavy made dog can be if kept right. :yes:

• Like 3

at the minute i drive with them trotting next to me 3 mile every other day , or is it better to just walk them

first you need cut there food down and in my eyes 3 miles every other day is no where near enough what breed of lurcher is it most should be out every day

and as for trotting them behind the car not only is it dangrous but its not doing you any good i like to be as fit as the dogs im working

robert

• Like 1