walking the canal with gun

. I too , as many do , ring into the police whilst shooting

:D

doesnt seem a bad idea, what do you do just phone them up and say just to let you know i have perm on x land and im going there between hours ??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would`nt even bother taking it uncovered . I too , as many do , ring into the police whilst shooting , but to carry it uncovered is irresponsible . I wouldn`t even bother as it could be courting dis

Bang on mate! I was walking from my car the other day to my front door, no more then 45 yards.. Got my rifle out the boot in its case and started walking towards my front door when my super annoying

In a case , unloaded , with mag ( if appilcable ) in your pocket stored away from the gun .

Why oh why would you want to draw attention to yourself and the fact that you have a gun.

Do you not think having a zipped up gun bag and being dressed for shooting would make you just as conspicuous as not having the gun in the bag? :laugh:

So having camo gear means you are shooting? So you can't wear camo for fishing, and you have a holdall could that be fishing gear, pole and umberella maybe! Where as if you have a gun on show, no doubt your shooting wheather it be rabbits or people.

:laugh:

Fishing on a canal with no tackle box, seat, keep nets, etc... Listen, I agree that you're best carrying an air rifle in a case/slip anywhere where you are likely to come into contact with the public, it just makes me laugh when threads like this loose perspective and otherwise sensible members start sounding like this:

:laugh::thumbs:

just read a lot of the posts for this bloody hell i thought there is some things on here that makes me back up almost all the posts

lets face it guys a responsible shooter would as you say cover the gun for there own protection from the plod and out of repect for the non shooters in our society that are itching to stop guns all together so a person with common sense would no matter what cover the gun.

i know a lad who had all his guns removed due to one of his guns being uncovered as he walked from house to car it was spotted by the joe public and that was it.

As for the plod and there big guns they carry its not worth the risk.

a long time a go when rapids first came out i had one and was zerroing in the scope on my permission having pratted for a while i decided to put the gun away and with in a very short space of time i had the armed responce unit down my drive only they came in force over 6 cars transits and two police dog vans, armed in bullet proof vests and machine guns quite a site to be honest before i even knew they was there they had despached the unit around my drive and house, as it happens nothing came of it they was more interested in the new rapid than charging me, having lots of coppers passing it around they finaly put it back in my car for me in its gun case i was told that cctv had picked me up from some ones house, so really you never know what of who is watching they also told me that, as they releived them selfs of their machine guns and bullet proof vests due to the severety of the incident even though i was on a permission if they had got to me before i put gun away and i refused to put the gun down they would have had to shoot me they had order to take me out. so i know what you mean about the gun in your face in a fashion i made a joke and said even though it cost me over 600 quid it would have got mucky lol

so i would say cover the gun at all costs despite who is right or wrong just not worth it

think about it.. 68 people with airguns meeting up the canal? tinnies, joints bitta glue on the side etc tc telling the prrps to effoff yu idjut. should be intresting.

was 'ok' just before my time, but story sticks in my my mind 'we were walking around the lake when some twat was letting off .22's (rimmie) they couldnt hit a duck save um lives but the bullets were bouncing off the water and wanging over here, people every where were wandering where it was coming from bu i knew.. they thanked me for telling them and even gave me go'

hahah...carnage!!! packed for that place was like 200 people, them shooters were wayyyy lucky not to clip or kill any one. maybe theres reasons for these here laws?

back in the good old days the bobbies would tell you off and take you home to yu fayther..today the little shit would shoot yu and give you lip, SO5 would be out the press would be sturring up a story and every bugger after yu blood.

doesnt seem a bad idea, what do you do just phone them up and say just to let you know i have perm on x land and im going there between hours ??

You got it, just ring up the local police control room, say I am going shooting at X (x being your permission location), between the hours of and tell them the time you will be there. They will give you a CAB reference number. If you take a mobile with you give them that number, then if anything that resembles a man with a gun is reported in your area they check it is not you rather than send out the armed response units....

• Like 1

You got it, just ring up the local police control room, say I am going shooting at X (x being your permission location), between the hours of and tell them the time you will be there. They will give you a CAB reference number. If you take a mobile with you give them that number, then if anything that resembles a man with a gun is reported in your area they check it is not you rather than send out the armed response units....

Yup same i just ring em to let them know where i am

i agree lads doesnt it make you feel better in knowing you have covered your self with the plod and if they ring to know its not you thats been seen waving your gun around your head next to joe public.

just make shooting easier for our selfs, and cover our backs in any situation. wish i did that before they called the armed respons unit but back then i never ever had to inform the plod as it was a natural thing for us to go shooting and not bother any one by it. but i did after that all time. contacted all involved

We have 2 fields that are opposite each other and i have to walk about 60rds up the road to get from one gate to the other. There is very little traffic where i live and nearly all that is local cars with country types in them. Yet i still put any gun I'm carrying with me in a gun slip. It only takes one hyper tourist with an over active imagination, and an eager phone finger, to really turn a good day very, VERY, bad. Why take the risk?, bag it.