Gnash you have some very strange concepts on sport. If he was getting paid to play tennis he would be playing in private ! He's paid to entertain like every other sports person. Emotion is good in sport but you can't complain when the public see it ! Not that 'he' was..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What has war in Iraq got to do with a tennis match !!!...................what a ridiculous thing to say................if your mate wants to cry then fine if he dont so what it shows nothing whatsoeve

Well after Wimbledon and losing to probably the greatest player to play the game, Murray still got ripped what for..........being emotional.   What he did yesterday to Federer was fully deserved An

Well I don't know him personally, and I'm guessing no c**t on here does either. I for one hope he does well. Regardless of his looks, money, or if he is a moody c**t lol

Posted Images

Fair point fazza, so do you think that all sports players should be PR experts as well as being brilliant at their chosen sport? I must admit I hate seeing news of various football players behaving 'badly', on or off pitch, so maybe I'm being a bit hypocritical, but there's behaving badly and there's just being a bit of a sour git. Before the world became so totally media-driven, athletes of whatever kind where not required to intellectualise their performance or emotions in the way they are today............and immediately after they have won or lost, having given their all. More and more is demanded of them: they're only human after all, so I think we could be a bit more forgiving of glitches in behaviour so long as they don't abuse other people. Some people have better temperaments for competition than others.

Fair point fazza, so do you think that all sports players should be PR experts as well as being brilliant at their chosen sport? I must admit I hate seeing news of various football players behaving 'badly', on or off pitch, so maybe I'm being a bit hypocritical, but there's behaving badly and there's just being a bit of a sour git. Before the world became so totally media-driven, athletes of whatever kind where not required to intellectualise their performance or emotions in the way they are today............and immediately after they have won or lost, having given their all. More and more is demanded of them: they're only human after all, so I think we could be a bit more forgiving of glitches in behaviour so long as they don't abuse other people. Some people have better temperaments for competition than others.

They also never got paid millions of pounds back then.The public pay there wages.......why dont we ask the sport stars if they would rather give a 10 minute interview and play for millions or not speak after tournaments and play for a few hundred pound a week, i wonder what they would choose....?

• Like 2

Hard luck to Andy Murray........brilliant for getting so near, i can honestly say if that was my son i wouldn't be giving a damn what anyone said about him showing his emotions....i'd be too proud of him to notice :thumbs:

Why don't you just enjoy the sport and the person playing it. Who actually cares what they think/ say.

I don't know, but I'm assuming these sportsman do give talks. And visit sporting venues for up and coming stars. Think some of you think these sports stars are f*****g personal friends of yours. Lol

• Like 1

They also never got paid millions of pounds back then.The public pay there wages.......why dont we ask the sport stars if they would rather give a 10 minute interview and play for millions or not speak after tournaments and play for a few hundred pound a week, i wonder what they would choose....?

Couldnt of put it better :thumbs:

Skycat i think his interview was good,hes won me over a little more anyway.I see your point about them not being PR experts but come on,hes been talking to cameras long enough to know a smile goes a long way :D

real hard one that..ol

I think all footballers should get payed say £2000-4000 a week max, then be paid a bonus if the win..then they'd try harder

but the way it is to day....... well how i feel about them is... the f**k you attitude i'm still getting my £50.000g a week weather i win or not!

• Like 2

real hard one that..ol

I think all footballers should get payed say £2000-4000 a week max, then be paid a bonus if the win..then they'd try harder

but the way it is to day....... well how i feel about them is... the f**k you attitude i'm still getting my £50.000g a week weather i win or not!

Good point Graham. a win bonus aswel as a Goal bonus to increase their wages would certainly give them more of a incentive to run themselves ragged for 90 mins. at the moment they get paid X amount of thousands of pounds just for turning up and being picked to play win or lose. I have no doubt some players wear their hearts on the sleeves for club and country but a minority seem to treat games like a day at the office...

Andy Murray put everything into the game with Federer, no doubt about it the lad threw everything in his arsenal at him! Can't fault him for that :thumbs:.....

how boxers have you seen cry when they lose then??? im not knocking his ability at all, he must be half decent to get to the final.... :D

Hundreds..............literally.........some when they win some when they lose........

The heat of battle and the release of tension after it is maybe something you,ll only understand if you,ve experienced it.

Gnash you have some very strange concepts on sport. If he was getting paid to play tennis he would be playing in private ! He's paid to entertain like every other sports person. Emotion is good in sport but you can't complain when the public see it ! Not that 'he' was..

Ive heard it all now......ive got some very strange concepts on sport,because im not interested in listening to sportsmen talk !!! :laugh:

He is NOT paid to entertain...........If he plays a tennis match but doesnt talk afterwards he gets paid............if he doesnt play a tennis match but has a 5 minute talk he does NOT get paid !!!.................He is a professional tennis player NOT a paid public speaker.

Sadly in this day and age of dopey old women sports fans who want to hear the gossip and create a personal character of an athlete who they will never meet or speak to.....we have worldwide sports stars such as Paul Scholes who have the piss taken out of them for being shy young lads who dont feel comfortable speaking in public,never mind that they,re top level athletes to be proud of !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It's all that beckhams fault gnash, lol he started this nonsense. In my day, only time you saw a sportsman on tv other than his chosen profession. He was splashing brute over himself at Christmas haha

It's all that beckhams fault gnash, lol he started this nonsense. In my day, only time you saw a sportsman on tv other than his chosen profession. He was splashing brute over himself at Christmas haha

The problem here is 'old traditions' and not wanting to move with the times.... :yes: If you want the cash then you have to do what sponsors and tv say. Whether thats correct in the sporting world its irrelevant. Giving interviews after the match is common practice and if you dont want to do it then dont expect the big pay day....... :thumbs:

Out of interest, how much should the clubs get paid then?........I wonder how many arsenal, Chelsea or Man Unt fans would still support them if they sacked all the top earners tomorrow and got a load of non league £400 a week lads in?.....lol.....not many I expect!! Lol lol

In fact Man Unt fans were calling for Fergies head not so long ago because he only managed second in the league and I talked to some typical f*****g arsenal fan the other day who was say Wenger is a turd because Van Persie want to move????.....seriously what do some folks want??

I never met any player who said they didn't want to win a game of any sort......nobody starts a game of tennis, football, boxing or even f*****g chess saying " I don't really want to win"

Come on boys, get a grip

IMHO, Paul Scholes is a player all young players should model themselves on, he just let his football do the talking.

Personally, I don't want to hear what a sportsman of any type has to say....it's on the pitch, court, in the ring that it counts

Edited by WILF

Out of interest, how much should the clubs get paid then?........I wonder how many arsenal, Chelsea or Man Unt fans would still support them if they sacked all the top earners tomorrow and got a load of non league £400 a week lads in?.....lol.....not many I expect!! Lol lol

In fact Man Unt fans were calling for Fergies head not so long ago because he only managed second in the league and I talked to some typical f*****g arsenal fan the other day who was say Wenger is a turd because Van Persie want to move????.....seriously what do some folks want??

I never met any player who said they didn't want to win a game of any sort......nobody starts a game of tennis, football, boxing or even f*****g chess saying " I don't really want to win"

Come on boys, get a grip

IMHO, Paul Scholes is a player all young players should model themselves on, he just let his football do the talking.

Personally, I don't want to hear what a sportsman of any type has to say....it's on the pitch, court, in the ring that it counts

Bang on word for word :victory: