summerflage ' what camo at what time of year??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£270 for a camo suit!!!! :censored:   i've worn red check shirts and still come home with some rabbits for the pot-fieldcraft costs sod all bar time and patience. these companies are selling shite

Why spend £££££ on camouflage to blend into the surroundings and wear a black balaklava and a pair of 'I'm here' brown dancing shoes

i went to the army surplus........dont think my suit will work well.....im dressed as a japanese admiral

Maybe glue the seams mate, that's where mine came apart. If it wasn't for that it's good kit.

Thanks for the tip mate!

I have only looked at it quickly so once I get the chance later I will give it the once over and see what I can come up with

Atb

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

i have just got the jack pyke llcs ghillie in woodland oak flavour with the gloves and the balaclava aswell. really pleased with it it seems great.

i got the m/l size and its a nice fit for me im pretty small lol.

in winter it will probably stretch over my big advantage timber coat.. hopefully. the pants will deffo go over my army surplus camo pants

and the gloves are a bit big for my small hands (like a girls, no lie!) but if i get some other gloves under them it should be 'reet. there nicce and thin material tho so i can feel the trigger/adjust the scope with them on which is a positive.

overall well chuffed with it and would highly reccomend it. worth the money?? who knows.. need to go get some shooting done and put it to the test lol

:victory:

Only thing this expensive hunting cammo does is impress other hunters who are daft enough to buy the stuff themselves.. :whistling::laugh: If it was really that good, do you not think our soldiers would be dressed in stuff covered with printed leaves and branches?

The military are like 15years behind the curve.. so in another 15 years we will move from splodges on MTP to leaves :laugh:

The military runs on a few basic rules, 'Buy cheap and buy lots' and 'Like it and lump it' :D

ATB

Adam

The military are like 15years behind the curve.. so in another 15 years we will move from splodges on MTP to leaves :laugh:

The military runs on a few basic rules, 'Buy cheap and buy lots' and 'Like it and lump it' :D

ATB

Adam

:laugh:

Same cant be said for the Yanks though mate, I dont think their woodland camo is plastered with leaves either! :D

True, both spams and us are now moving away from the conventional field types of camo, its all going multi terrain cam mainly because we now fight most our wars in urban environments and its cheaper to have one multi use set rather than 10 specific ones.

Although you are 100% right you dont need the expensive leaf camo to get the job done :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

To be honest, as rabbits particularly have a poor, monochrome eyesight, spending seriously hefty sums on cammo is a bit of an overkill. I've always used bag standard British Army DPM and it does the job with a realistic dollop of fieldcraft working with it. They have superlative hearing and powers of smelling scents and that's what we really have to come up against.

NBC suits.

I know I hated the sweaty, itchy, dirty, charcoal bloody stuff when I was serving in the Royal Air Force from 70s throughout the 80s. It was like wearing a mix of carpet underlay and coalsack fastened with velcro. But if Mike is comfortable using his, then all good luck to him ;)

Just the sound of those three letters brings back some memories of two-week long summer NBC TACEVAL warfare excercises in UK and Germany, without reliving it when going bunny sniping.

Simon

• Like 2