Inspiration

My Uncle Dave has always been a great help to me. A hero in my eyes to be fair. I loved to hear the old tales of digging, mad dog men, scrapping at terrier shows ands close escapes. I guess i have always been obsessed with animals from a very young age and hunting is the closest you can get to animals really so everything fell into place slowly. Loved reading books and i loved pedigree unknown and a keepers tale, must have read them a thousand times each. :yes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WILF

Hunting wise........I found Darcys books an insperation, very refreshing and opens your eyes to the messers :yes: .......I have made a couple of good mates from this site, good honest lads who have given me back a little faith in human kind........they have my respect :yes: .......not many do! ;)

Outside of hunting.........I see different things and people everyday that inspire me :yes:

One last thing.........seeing certain folk this weekend just gone, has inspired me to continue being tetotal :D

my 2 kids are my inspiration.with me all the time and make every thing worthwile.always alongside my 2 little black dolgs.makes life worth living when you see them all together.

Bear Grylls for me mate, Jumped out of a plane for the SAS and broke his back in 3 places, within 2/3 years was the youngest man ever to climb Everest, Crossed the Atlantic in a ruber boat etc the list is endless......... All for charity :big_boss:

Inspires me cause when things in life seem imposible there is always a way !! Strength within. :victory:

Guest Top Chalker

In life it would be my late Grandfather , and my brave little girl who smiles no matter what , hunting , a fellow called , Ginger , whos crack is first class , and if he was closer i would visite more often .....

I used to train guide dogs and then train the people to use them. I trained this one guy who was 19. He'd been completely blind and profoundly deaf since birth, but he was the most positive bloke I've ever met.

Despite his physical disabilities, he was never held back from doing anything, He would just crack on and if it all went wrong, he'd still have a smile.

He could only 'talk' by using a tactile sign language. The difference a guide dog made to him was phenominal. It brings a lump to my throat each time I think about him. I was dead proud.

It makes you look at all the whinging fuckers in this world and think "Wankers, You aint got no worries mate".

Ferret

Guest little_lloyd

What inspired me into this was growing up in small village in the countryside, all my family have always lived in the countryside and been into there wildlife and littery being dragged round in 4x4s accros the country. Grandma taught me to hate magpies from a very young age and that has not changed at all.

Always liked to be outside even when its tipping down with rain or snowing :laugh: When i was about 8 or 9 we had a working cocker (my first dog) on the farm my dad used to work on which was fun mooching about all the barns with the cows staring at us nutters lol

Im hoping to bring my youngest brother of 5 into the working countryside as my others have strayed afar now and are cooped up on sunny days playing the playstation. Liks waching me set traps nd the ferrets well there a nother thing to him yet ha :tongue2:

in life my inspiration would be my grandad, i have never met a harder man, but a man who was so good to us when we were young kids, it is always said i got my sarcastic humour from him, sadly he has been dead for five years. R.I.P :cry:

Hunting wise it would have to be my dogs and my ferrets, my step-dads staffordshire bull terrier is the first dog that i have ever bonded with and in my first years at high school she was my only friend. bieng out theer with the dogs, watching them doi what they dog best and enjoyed life is what inspires me to carry on no matter what life throws at me. If i ever was without dogs i would not be the same person that i am now.

Happy hunting and roll on september.

Guest baldie

My grandfather. A Barnsley miner, staunch union man, and grafter. Fought the whole second world war, as a corporal in monty,s desert rats, and was highly decorated, came back and went back down the pit. Raised three kids on poached game, suffered 6 strokes and seven heart attacks, in later life, and lived into his eighties, smoking 20 senior service a day, and a tot of brandy. As hard as f*****g woodpeckers lips.

My grandfather. A Barnsley miner, staunch union man, and grafter. Fought the whole second world war, as a corporal in monty,s desert rats, and was highly decorated, came back and went back down the pit. Raised three kids on poached game, suffered 6 strokes and seven heart attacks, in later life, and lived into his eighties, smoking 20 senior service a day, and a tot of brandy. As hard as f*****g woodpeckers lips.

sounds like my grandafther,he must be the only link to where i get my hunting passion from,i have an old picture of him somewhere with his jack russel,a great fella,always smiling,was into horses ,dogs and

livestock,ahh the memories flow,

Higgins. :drink:

i guess it would have to be my great grandad. i never met him, he died when my mum was 12, but he kept racing & coursing greyhounds with my grandad. running dogs are in my blood.

my grandad was an amazing bloke, 6 foot summat, built like a brick shithouse. i always remember his hands, they were like spades. worked on the land until he retired in the '70s. he knew what a real day's work was. started smoking when he was 4, was the best darts player in norfolk, could drink anyone under the table. popped his clogs at 80, one christmas eve. he'd take in dogs & horses that no one else could do anything with, and get them right. i'm not so good with the big animals, but i've not yet met a ferret i couldn't do something with, even the worst biters.

John & Lynn Bickley have been good friends of mine for years, they've kept me in stitches down the pub with tales of their old lurchers & ferrets, and have always been there with sound advice & encouragement. i'd love a pup out of johns bitch Jay, but she's too old to breed from. john bred her himself, she's the size of a whippet, but her great grandsire was a deerhound! cracking little dog, and so laidback. a right contrast to my manic thing :laugh:

my inspirations in my general (non-dog) life? my mum would be first. she brought me up to stand up for what i believe in, to take care of those who take care of me, to not give a shit about anyone who doesn't matter, but to be polite, friendly & well-mannered with it. she always encouraged me to be myself, to express myself as i see fit. she helped me dye my hair purple when i was 12, and loves my tattoos & piercings (hell, she even got her eyebrow pierced for her 50th birthday!). and is forever trying to steal my clothes! she did a cracking job of bringing me & my brother up.

my uncle Chris is a big part of my life, although we never met. he commited suicide a month and a half before i was born. incredibly intelligent, an amazing artist, i'm having one of his drawings tattooed on my back. in the year or two before his death, he started to get heavily into photography. as soon as i could hold a camera, i was hooked on photography. my mum & my youngest uncle swear i'm the reincarnation of uncle Chris, i picked up right where he left off.

next would be a lad called Chris who used to work for my dad. he's ten years older than me, i met him when i was 15, and he got me into Pearl Jam & Led Zeppelin. i didn't know him for all that long, just a couple of years, but he set me on the path i'm on now, and for that i'm forever indebted to him.

following on from that, Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jams lead singer is a big inspiration too. for his fierce integrity, and for helping me discover my voice. i'd have never started singing if i'd not heard Pearl Jam.

and then my friends, who have all had some serious troubles in their lives, but still remain strong. artists, musicians, film makers, a real creative bunch. special mention to my friend Kev, i met him when he was 17 & homeless, he lived on my sofa for the best part of a year. he's now coming up for 23, and runs a media company that does film-making courses for young homeless & disadvantaged people, giving them a voice. he says i saved his life the day i pulled him off the streets & gave him a roof over his head :)

• 4 months later...
In life it would be my late Grandfather , and my brave little girl who smiles no matter what , hunting , a fellow called , Ginger , whos crack is first class , and if he was closer i would visite more often .....

Hey Chalker, is that Ginger one of those inbreds from Ashington :laugh: