Irish Digging Ban

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, I didn't start getting informed or actively working for my sport just yesterday. Been at it a while now. I fully appreciate peoples anger. This is a good thing which must be harnessed in the rig

Jayus like a mini revolution while I was offline. Lads my advice is keep the heads. Coveney is a pro hunting man. Fact. As top hat mentioned no point in writing abusive letters to a man that may well

the Minister has stated that all forms of hunting and coursing will be exempted from the Animals wrlfare act. except Digging, which will be banned by the act.   Quote "The measure applies only if t

that is highly illegal....lurchers ireland..... see this is why TERRIER CLUBS need to be set up to educate people who want to use terriers for vermin control are educated...before you even go into the field with a terrier..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

ONE TERRIER BELOW GROUND.... DIG IN LIFT THE TERRIER.... AND SECURE IT AWAY FROM THE DIG.....AND DISPATCH THE QUARRY QUICKLY AND HUMANELY..

A LURCHER CAN NOT BE USED IN A DIG!!!! THAT IS CLASSED AS BAITING A CAPTIVE ANIMAL..AND IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL..... :thumbs:

ONLY NETS MAY BE PLACED OVER ENTRANCE/EXIT HOLES.....THE TERRIERS TIME BELOW GROUND SHOULD BE KEPT AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE......

CARE MUST BE TAKEN TO MINIMISE THE RISK TO EITHER QUARRY OR TERRIER.....

THE TERRIERS JOB IS TO LOCATE AND FLUSH THE MAMMAL....BUT IF THE MAMMAL AND TERRIER BECOME TRAPPED...

THEN DIGGING MUST COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY TO RELEASE THEM...... :thumbs:

Edited by stop.end

To get an insight into the Ministers thinking on this, these links are to committee meetings on the 22 th and 23 rd of May.

I believe from reading these transcripts (They are a bit long) the Minister has his mind made up.

I hope I am wrong!

http://www.kildarestreet.com/sendebates/?id=2012-05-22.90.0

http://www.kildarestreet.com/sendebates/?id=2012-05-23.294.0

P3D..... if we let him away with this forget about our whole way of life as we know it......

and i really cant beleive this is happening in IRELAND.... im actually quite sick....

these people are control freaks.... and if this comes into action.....

WHAT HAS EVOLVED OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS WILL BE DESTROYED IN A MOMENT OF MADNESS....OUR TERRIERS...

I WOULD ONLY EVER KEEP A DOG FOR WORK... SO I WILL ALWAYS KEEP TERRIERS... ;)

GEORGE ORWELLS 1984...IS REALLY COMING INTO PLACE NOW EHH!!!!! :bad: :bad:

• Like 1

iv just been on the phone a member of Sinn Fein that i know back home and i asked him where his party stands on the new bill being brought in over in ireland and suprise suprise he said il have to find out and get back to you .Do these politicians not listen at all FFS

these people are treating us like THEY are in control.....

AND UNLESS WE DO SOMETHING TO LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY WORK FOR US...THE PEOPLE

then they will continue to control and monitor our every movement.....

WHILE AT THE VERY SAME TIME THSE PEOPLE WHO DREAM UP THESE LAWS...ARE NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE ECONOMY....

THEY ARE THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE DESTROYING THIS GREAT ISLAND..... WE HAVE TO EDUCATE THEM ON TERRIER WORK...

THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA...BUT WE ALL HAVE TO BE ACTIVE ON THIS FOLKS.......

P3D..... if we let him away with this forget about our whole way of life as we know it......

I WOULD ONLY EVER KEEP A DOG FOR WORK... SO I WILL ALWAYS KEEP TERRIERS... ;)

I agree, the only thing this bill will do is undermine the rule of law.

THIS LAW IS COMING FROM MEN AND WOMAN WHO FOR YEARS HAVE BEEN FED MEDIA PROPAGANDA....

FROM IDIOTS...WHO THROUGH THERE OWN AGENDA FOR WHATEVER REASON HAVE CHOSE TO SELECT TERRIERMEN...

ITS OBVIOUSLY A CLASS THING ASWELL...JOE FROM THE COUNCIL ESTATE CAN HAVE A TOP TERRIER AND SIMON FROM THE TD....

HAS CLASSED ANYONE WHO HAS DUG WITH TERRIERS AS THUGS!!!!..... THAT STATEMENT ALONE IS LUDICRIS.....

• Like 1