Irish Digging Ban

the Minister has stated that all forms of hunting and coursing will be exempted from the Animals wrlfare act. except Digging, which will be banned by the act.

"The measure applies only if there is undue cruelty such as the digging out of animals when they have gone to ground, which is unacceptable"

th Anti's are asking people to email him to puh for a ban. http://www.banbloodsports.com/ln120529.htm

Maybe people here could do the same to defend hunting with terriers?

It's a freedom enjoyed through out Europe.

Most animals are quickly bolted and shot.

There is little risk of injured animals escaping.

If Fox numbers are to be controlled, rather than just chasing foxes, then on occassion digging is the best option.

Bryan

• Like 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, I didn't start getting informed or actively working for my sport just yesterday. Been at it a while now. I fully appreciate peoples anger. This is a good thing which must be harnessed in the rig

Jayus like a mini revolution while I was offline. Lads my advice is keep the heads. Coveney is a pro hunting man. Fact. As top hat mentioned no point in writing abusive letters to a man that may well

the Minister has stated that all forms of hunting and coursing will be exempted from the Animals wrlfare act. except Digging, which will be banned by the act.   Quote "The measure applies only if t

the Minister has stated that all forms of hunting and coursing will be exempted from the Animals wrlfare act. except Digging, which will be banned by the act.

"The measure applies only if there is undue cruelty such as the digging out of animals when they have gone to ground, which is unacceptable"

th Anti's are asking people to email him to puh for a ban. http://www.banbloods...om/ln120529.htm

Maybe people here could do the same to defend hunting with terriers?

It's a freedom enjoyed through out Europe.

Most animals are quickly bolted and shot.

There is little risk of injured animals escaping.

If Fox numbers are to be controlled, rather than just chasing foxes, then on occassion digging is the best option.

Bryan

THE USE OF ONE TERRIER BELOW GROUND IS THE SAFEST....MOST HUMANE METHOD OF CONTROLLING FOX POPULATIONS..

IT IS THE ONLY TIME WHEN QUARRY CAN BE TAKEN QUICKLY, ALIVE TO HAND AND DISPATCHED QUICKLY....

OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BANN IT THOUGH...IF WE ALL SIT BACK AND DONT INFORM THEM.... THE BENEFITS OF LEGAL AND PROPERLY CONDUCTED TERRIER WORK.

• Like 3

I ask you as my representative in the Taosach, to acknowledge the benefits of ‘Legitimate Terrier Work’ for ‘Pest Control’ in Southern Ireland. Could you tell me what you view is on the above matter. As the “Animal Welfare Bill 2012”, does not seem to have acknowledged any terrier work as legitimate pest/Vermin control.

yours thankfully..... then your name.....

Signed...................................... Date........................ ... right folks eveyone now get mailing SIMON COVENEY....RECORDED DELIVERY..... :thumbs:

Edited by stop.end
  • Like 3

I ask you as my representative in Stormont, to acknowledge the benefits of ‘Legitimate Terrier Work’ for ‘Pest Control’ in Northern Ireland. Could you tell me what you view is on the above matter. As the “Animal Welfare Bill 2012”, does not seem to have acknowledged any terrier work as legitimate Vermin control.

same now for the folks in the NORTH,,,,, SHOW THEM WE MEAN BUSINESS...... :boxing:

I ask you as my representative in the Taosach, to acknowledge the benefits of ‘Legitimate Terrier Work’ for ‘Pest Control’ in Southern Ireland. Could you tell me what you view is on the above matter. As the “Animal Welfare Bill 2012”, does not seem to have acknowledged any terrier work as legitimate pest/Vermin control.

yours thankfully..... then your name.....

Signed...................................... Date........................ ... right folks eveyone now get mailing SIMON COVENEY....RECORDED DELIVERY..... :thumbs:

This is his email address.

mailto:simon.coveney@oir.ie

• Like 1

There are politicians who have nothing better to use the sportsman as a scapegoat to mask the fact that they can't control the laws already in place, I bet my weeks wage that these politicians have never seen the damage a fox can cause let alone witnessed terrier work!!!!! Cityits again

Off my soap box

This is real lads - we should know more by tonight with any luck.

Get writing and phoning - the antis have already started - we're way behind as usual. I've been ringing around and a lot of people had no idea even about the rally in Silver Springs Cork tomorrow week.

Do it quick - it would be easier for any u-turn to happen earlier rather than later.

Don't think that this will only affect those that dig with the foxhounds or harriers - it'll only take one wrong person to see you with a terrier and shovel and your dogs, vehicle, equipment are gone - more than likely your freedom for a while too.

• Like 2

MICHELLE O NEILL...FROM DARD...THATS WHO WE NEED TO CONTACT...BOMBARD HER OFFICE WITH CALLS AND LETTERS LIKE THE ABOVE...WE NEED TO BE ALL OVER THIS NOW LIKE A RASH.......SHE IS THE ONE WE NEED TO GET AT IN THE NORTH....

BUT NOT JUST HER...EVERY1 OF THE POLITICANS NEED TO BE MADE AWARE...WE WONT GO DOWN QUIET THATS FOR SURE..... :gunsmilie:

Edited by stop.end