Daft carp baits that have worked?

Year's ago i mixed up some pedigree chum original tin meat with brown crumb, put in the blender, quick blast and your done, i thought it would be great for carp, couldn't stop catching tench, using corn or maggot as hookbait, that was in stanley park that bull.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it's a bit differant but i know a lad who used to shoot trout and salmon with a rimmy from a bridge over the river...so i'm thinking lead is a strange bait..

boiled new potatoe was used to good effect years ago

Makes you wonder Earth doesnt it!!Ive had perch too on livebaits,i know thats not unusual,but how many dropped runs have you had over the years and found no tooth marks on live/deadbaits makes you th

Had a 16lber from a canal on a 6oz roach deadbait :icon_eek: and many years ago a 3lb tench on a wobbled smelt,both hooked cleanly in the mouth!!I think other species are far more predatory than we think

i had a 30lb mirror on a big roach dead bait :tongue2::boogy:

Makes you wonder Earth doesnt it!!Ive had perch too on livebaits,i know thats not unusual,but how many dropped runs have you had over the years and found no tooth marks on live/deadbaits :blink: makes you think some of them could have been carp etc( new excuse for missing runs :icon_redface: ) :angel: ATB bud Dave

• Like 2

Jelly sweet,i used it when i ran out of sweetcorn and hooked the only carp of the Day in bag of tench

ive used raw jelly out of the box and caught on it :thumbs: and dairylee triangles :laugh:the biggest carp ive ever caught have been on the fly one on a deer hair mixer and the other on a daddy long leggs :laugh:

Makes you wonder Earth doesnt it!!Ive had perch too on livebaits,i know thats not unusual,but how many dropped runs have you had over the years and found no tooth marks on live/deadbaits :blink: makes you think some of them could have been carp etc( new excuse for missing runs :icon_redface: ) :angel: ATB bud Dave

I won't feel so bad now when i miss a run in the winter, brilliant reason.

once saw my next dooe neighbour catch a massive tench when i was about 10, on a cheese and onion ringo crisp. lol he put the hook through the hole, then looped the hook over the line and flicked it out. after a few mins the float burried and the fish was hooked.

i myself once caught a pike on a lure and as i was bringing it in, it was coming in side ways, so thought i had foul hooked it. i was using a small jerk bait, but had a spinner trace on. the fish must have attacked the lure just as i jerked it. the trace had wrapped around the fish, and then over the point of one of the hooks, effectivly lassooing it. i landed and returned it.

same venue a few weeks later, i lightly hooked a pike about 8lbs, i didnt want to tangle the lure in the net, so leaned over the the edge of the mariner, to hand land it. i had my ungloved hand under the fishes gill cover, as i was standing up i slipped on the board. the hook slipped and got a new firmer purchase on the fish, but the other treble made its way into my thumb. as a reflex i must have tried to release the fish, but as the hook was still in its mouth, it just pulled the other treble further into my thumb. i could feel the flesh ripping as the hook penetrated.i managed to get the fish unhooked, and back safely, then , because the hook had gone in past the barb, but not reappeared. had to get the pliers, and push the hook the rest of the way through the flesh, then the skin past the barb, then cut the hook off and feed the hook back through my thumb. this was all done in winter, and with a shitty cheap pair of cutters. i cant beleive to explain the pain in the car on the way home as my thumb started to defrost. 2 words spring to mind. "end" and "bell". i will let you decide which order to put them. lol

:laugh: :laugh: QUALITY!! cheered me up that,damn thats gotta hurt :blink: I came unstuck myself on Patshull Park about already 20 years ago,a pal of mine had entered us in a pike match there,our first time in a boat!!Anyway,the rods were already set up,everythings on the boat horn sounds were off,me one one side my pal on the other!trying to paddle like its a canoe :icon_redface: everyones looking and smirking :icon_redface: me being smart decided to stay in the middle of the moorings as everyone would be leaving.....picks my rod up ,treble stuck in the arse on my one piece suit :censored: never mind take suit off,and unhook it,after lowering my suit i realised it was also in my jeans :censored::blink: ,so down came the jeans :icon_eek: all the time being watched (and laughed at)by approx 50 anglers,unfortunatly my boxers too were hoo :icon_eek: ked,feck it down they came,big cheer :icon_redface: (it was very cold,honest)this bloke passes says hello!!!my mate says feck me thats John Sidley R.I.P. :D

speaking to a friend. theres a day ticket lake up the road from me with carp to 30lb, wise feckers too but nathan seems to do bloody well on it.

He would never tell what bait but he did the other night, raw cocktail sausage :huh: ..