help on dog asap

I would leave the rabbit fur alone for now Lad..you have other thing to concentrate on ie gaining her trust an getting her recall ok..if she is nervy of you and wont come to you she deffinitely won't bring anything to you.you which is unerstanable at this age and you don't know what the other lad has done to her..get her confidence up for now..and never raise your voice or hand to her...a bit of patience on your behalf will be needed but aslong as you don't rush anything thing's will slowly fall into place.. :thumbs:

Edited by Millet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looks a nice wee pup, and at that age i bet he's getting shot because he's eaither too keen to get out and feed up of waiting or which id be more inclinde to say that its yapping in the pen / run.  

You've seen the dog, not us! What do you want someone who hasn't seen it to say??

Go and have a look if your interested, if you like it and its a nice natured healthy dog then go for it but don't let the lad blag you into buying it if it isn't what you want because he sounds like a

I'd put another post on here...maybe the title of "any shropshire lads out there", and ask if you can tag along with someone to learn the ropes. If you were closer, i'd given you a hand.

As for the pup, let it be just that for a week or two. No need to get doing any training at all until that pup has learnt to trust you and wants to do nothing but be with you and starts realises you are No1.

• Like 1

you seem to be doing ok at this moment of time as has been said on most posts, just take your time, let her be a pup, when she gains confidence in you, thats the start of the Bond, always leave her on a sweet note, a collie cross make good rabbit dogs and more,

wish you luck with her, keep in touch with her progress, thank you,

title of "any shropshire lads out there" sound like a good idea.

Took her out with out the other dog, and she did not pull to get to the other god, as he is never on a lead. so i let her off the lead as she was being good, and she stayed by my side she did go off a little bit but called her and she come back a ok. i took her up what we call the clay's, as some little pools what kids play in, and she seen to ducks and jumped in the little pool to get them :icon_eek::laugh: but she loves the water, she gets her head right under. I did get up and she was chewing paper and the mop <_< i let her out at o'clock last night and again a 6 am but she had a pop on the fool i just said no to her as she know she was in the wrong. . The only thing is that i wont to keep her out side but just don't have the money to bay one at this time :icon_redface: . can i keep her in the house for now or get her outside soon as?

don't worry about that, she will learn to go off on her own as she gets more confidence. if she is hanging back a bit when you call her its probably because she has been grabbed and stuck on the lead or even worse told off when she came back. try crouching down, or try running away in a playful manner. make it a game. and when she does come, praise her or give her a little treat and let her go again. do this several times each walk, don't just call her when she is going on the lead or she thinks its the end of the fun. or put her on the lead for a couple of minutes and take it off again, an d do this several times each walk

I will try to day again see how she gets on she is starting to sit at my feet now so that must be good thing, and when i come down she comes to meet me :D . Should i leave my other dog at home, or take him with me, as i don't wont to push him out ? Thank you for the tips :thumbs:

I will try to day again see how she gets on she is starting to sit at my feet now so that must be good thing, and when i come down she comes to meet me :D . Should i leave my other dog at home, or take him with me, as i don't wont to push him out ? Thank you for the tips :thumbs:

leave the other mutt at home bud when your going out with the pup,

Dont worry bout the pup staying by your side , in fact strengthen it, its a magnetic attraction pups feel to their owner or the bitch, work with it, play hide and seek with the prize for finding you either play or eating out of your hand, hand feeding is great for getting the pup coming into your space without fear, fear is over come through hunger,

take her out hungry and hand feed her out using the recall to bring her into your space

try managing the pup so she dont make mistakes that you have to confront her for, it only installs fear again, if she makes a mistake bite your tongue and make sure it cant happen again,

most of all bud dont put her in situations she cant deal with emotionally, once you see her becoming fearful in ANY situation, back her off from it, through doing this you will have to learn to read her body language, watch her when shes happy find out what turns her on and work with it,,

dont overwhelm her let her take things at her own pace ,remember you've got years with her,best of luck with her bud,

• Like 1

Thank you again to all of you. When i say i will try the tips you are giving me i am, not just saying i will. I took her for a longer walk and she was jumping in the pools, and bringing the sticks, i was only throwing, she was looking at me she did bring them back to me about 5 6 times, and then we started walking again, one min she is fine the next she jumpy all over again just funny how she jumps from my moms kitten lol. i am having to call her about 4 time when she stops to come back is that ok as she only a pup. I trained the dog i have know just forgot how to do it all again. best ting to do is like you all have said not to rush and let her be a pop she does sleep at my feet now and not with the other dog. day by day week by week

if she is chewing shoes and stuff just take hold of them and tell her "no" in a calm firm voice and hold the item still and she will soon let go. then straight away get her to do something you can praise her for like "sit". and make sure she has enough toys of her own to chew

• Like 1