The longer the course the better the dog, why??(Ireland)

would much rather see a dog kill em quick, two or three twists and turns and then job done, up and at them like the dogs I used to have, whats the point of having a dog that takes 5/6 minutes, you,d need a feckin giro copter to watch the course cause it would be 3 mile away :blink:

U might as well shoot them 2or3turns the sport is about a goodhunt and kill if ur dogis good enough most of the action will be close enough to u

nothing gets my heart going more than a good course on a hare mate, thing is I find this hanging back style of the saluki rather tedious, would much rather see a fast up and at them dog put 2 or 3 strikes in then connect, I just find that type more exciting, and also despite what the mighty whin says the land up here ain,t big land, this is Scotland it ain,t flat, after 20/30 seconds the dug and the hare are usualy away over the brow of a hill or away doon a dip

• Like 4

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here we go lads .. cretin stone cold is our old friend markbrick .markbrick we all know what a lying dirty toerag he is .the same markbrick that sends people persistant pms threatening theyre kids and

how many have a stop watch on the job? 6 mins is probebly more like 3 /4 in reality

Seen plenty dogs last few seasons with 5\8 saluki or 3\4 doing stuff in ire regulary ill name a few huck for start this. Why I used him fantastic dog on any ground alfy 3\4 saluki done them for 3 seas

would much rather see a dog kill em quick, two or three twists and turns and then job done, up and at them like the dogs I used to have, whats the point of having a dog that takes 5/6 minutes, you,d need a feckin giro copter to watch the course cause it would be 3 mile away :blink:

U might as well shoot them 2or3turns the sport is about a goodhunt and kill if ur dogis good enough most of the action will be close enough to u

nothing gets my heart going more than a good course on a hare mate, thing is I find this hanging back style of the saluki rather tedious, would much rather see a fast up and at them dog put 2 or 3 strikes in then connect, I just find that type more exciting, and also despite what the mighty whin says the land up here ain,t big land, this is Scotland it ain,t flat, after 20/30 seconds the dug and the hare are usualy away over the brow of a hill or away doon a dip

same here 90 per cent of the time
  • Like 1

6 minutes is a very long time for a dog or a hare to to be running flat out :whistling:

how many have a stop watch on the job? 6 mins is probebly more like 3 /4 in reality ;)

if you take the greyhound speed of 40mph then the dog and hare would run 4 miles :laugh:

i think the older breeds of dogs wer better because if they got on a hare they would keep him in the 1 field if you got a good 1 he wud put 15 to 20 good turns in a hare and at was all action, now as good man says its all about minutes not turns and i think its because its ireland trying to copy england, haveing that said there is some good breeding around today and yes the saluki breed is a very good breed but i think its all about getting the right mix of a dog with speed that can hold a hare in 1 field and getting him to stay on. just my opinon :thumbs:

• Like 2

i think the older breeds of dogs wer better because if they got on a hare they would keep him in the 1 field if you got a good 1 he wud put 15 to 20 good turns in a hare and at was all action, now as good man says its all about minutes not turns and i think its because its ireland trying to copy england, haveing that said there is some good breeding around today and yes the saluki breed is a very good breed but i think its all about getting the right mix of a dog with speed that can hold a hare in 1 field and getting him to stay on. just my opinon :thumbs:

I wouldn,t call a dog that turns the hare 15/20 times a good one :blink:

• Like 1

WHY

WHY

maybe it should of c aught before 15 to 20 turns :hmm:
  • Like 1

is that you average hunt in irelad