The longer the course the better the dog, why??(Ireland)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here we go lads .. cretin stone cold is our old friend markbrick .markbrick we all know what a lying dirty toerag he is .the same markbrick that sends people persistant pms threatening theyre kids and

how many have a stop watch on the job? 6 mins is probebly more like 3 /4 in reality

Seen plenty dogs last few seasons with 5\8 saluki or 3\4 doing stuff in ire regulary ill name a few huck for start this. Why I used him fantastic dog on any ground alfy 3\4 saluki done them for 3 seas

I know adil well good friend mine even he said rosco never same again after that run if anyone watch that race I have it on tape the dog puts very few bends into hare he bacisally just run into dyke as I have always said for us irish lads who run both ire and eng to get a dog to perform really good in both countrys there special dogs. Jmo

its takes a goodun to do both but if bred right there out there i only hunt ire but in eng there are no hidding places the dog has to be good or the hare will find his weakeness Edited by TINY 12

6 mins is a long long time..longest run I've seen will have been round 4 min mark..not very often you see a run for 5/6 mins maybe 1 or 2 a season if that in reality be more like 3/4 mins..but if it was regularly takin a dog 5/6minutes to kill a hare a wouldn't want it in my kennel..but then again it must have a big heart to do so

• Like 1

6 mins is a long long time..longest run I've seen will have been round 4 min mark..not very often you see a run for 5/6 mins maybe 1 or 2 a season if that in reality be more like 3/4 mins..but if it was regularly takin a dog 5/6minutes to kill a hare a wouldn't want it in my kennel..but then again it must have a big heart to do so

youre right when realiaty kicks in slash the time in half and the turns too then you get the true picture boys tellin you a 5min hunt and 60 turns get your forley cup tapes and post the 5 min runs on them Edited by mohamad

I HUNTED WITH SOME OF THE LADS ON HERE AND SEEN 4 AND 5 MIN RUNS IN IRELAND ALMOST EVERY WEEK FROM END OF NOV TO END OF JAN NO PROBLEM

well speedie your bound to have some clips of them then.

I have but some people dont like to see their dogs on here :D :D or should i say they dont like other people to see them?????? :D :D

I don't believe ita about turns or how many minutes its about how the dog goes about his job a lot men thk speed is a essentional in ire diahorria is fast but its no good for ya lol its about dogs ability to run single control its hare and strike when timing right. But everybody has there own style or thoughts

• Like 1

i agree with gorger on that, and it all depends on the land you hunt like carlow and louth there is massive land but there is other countys in ireland that wouldnt suit these dogs that run in big land they wouldnt have the speed again thats just my opinion, and yes lads i think that a dog that can get on a good winter hare in small land and hold him in the 1 field for 20 turns and controls it thats at least 2 to 3 minute run i think it is a decent dog,