Pure greyhounds?

I have had 2 in the past first one was coursing greyhound bitch, she started jumping fences to carry on after the hare, ((( which was useless in the coursing under rules, they were going to P,T,S and I knew the trainer very well and I got it off him, tremendous bitch, I had her for a couple of years, and then a dog greyhound, again simmilar, he could jump like a Stag, I ran them on good ground grass parks and winter wheat fields, No problem with there feet, or toes, (((( if you get a hold of the right ones, and bring them up as A lURCHER YOU WILL hAVE VERY GOOD SPORT, BUT you have to keep them in good fit condition,, there prey drive is first class,I never used them on the Lamp only daylight,

if you get a hold of the right ones, and bring them up as A lURCHER YOU WILL hAVE VERY GOOD SPORT, BUT you have to keep them in good fit condition,, there prey drive is first class

Spot on BL :notworthy: , Woodland I work a couple of pure greys, ferreting, lamping, ratting and also get them to retrieve shot stuff :thumbs:

i have only seen 1 pure greyhound on the lamp ex track stoped chasing the lure.. he was to fast for his own good on the small stuff but they have no fear was great on the bigger stuff.. he did pick a phew bunnies up, but he made hard work of it

Edited by Gawillz

Got a bitch from a local 'flapping' trainer in the 80s - I did intend to breed lurchers with her but she didn't ever come into season. Used her for two or three years alongside lurchers - she was the best of fun - totally mental - prey drive like you've never ever seen - if she saw it she killed it. Sadly tho this included sheep and other off limit species...killed foxes and tipped deer over for fun...but would've killed terriers in an instant...and couldn't jump for tuppence although she never ever realised this and took on walls, fences and allsorts with great enthusiasm...thus becoming a walking vet bill... she was amongst the most biddable and loyal dogs I have ever had. Totally mental but great fun...

Guest born to run1083

Got a bitch from a local 'flapping' trainer in the 80s - I did intend to breed lurchers with her but she didn't ever come into season. Used her for two or three years alongside lurchers - she was the best of fun - totally mental - prey drive like you've never ever seen - if she saw it she killed it. Sadly tho this included sheep and other off limit species...killed foxes and tipped deer over for fun...but would've killed terriers in an instant...and couldn't jump for tuppence although she never ever realised this and took on walls, fences and allsorts with great enthusiasm...thus becoming a walking vet bill... she was amongst the most biddable and loyal dogs I have ever had. Totally mental but great fun...

My dads got one now real heart in your mouth stuff he paid £1800 from Ireland me dad uses it as a day dog, jumps for fun catches anything my dad wants it to, small or big. it's only down side is it only retrieves to about 3/4 of the way to him after a real long run which is a real shame but taking into account the breed you can't have it all lol and stamina in the dog is unreal it can run all day long with my half collie x never seen a grey like it. if my old dog don't line my bitch in a few years then gonna have this grey over her to give me the 3/4 cross