beddy whippets, any good ??

heard its a popular cross but not had much to do with them, jus want to know what they stand tts and what they are good on, thinking of getting one if they seem alright for next season while my collie whippet is in pup. cheers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The idea of a lurcher is to have the best of both worlds is it not?. A compromise. I dare say your Whippet won't work cover like my Whipplington and catch half the amount of rabbits my old fella as in

heres my we rabbiting bitch 19tts good we marker and worker and catches a few not the fastest but does her job got another two with a bit of greyhound in then and it does make a difference only 2 inch

No, you may be very proud of your dog, and I admire you for that, but I'd bring any Whippet I know, and race your dog and beat it !! Your dog's obviously a good dog for you, but please don't say she i

Posted Images

im crossing her with my mates saluki bull gh, but im guna do that at the end of the comeing season but want something for the season after while shes out of action, jus want to find out what beddy whippets are like and if they are guna be as quick and lively as my collie whip befor is set anything in stone.

cheers

Guest FTBBTH

brilliant for everything in the right hands, my dad had a bitch first cross, she died a couple year ago at 19 cracking age, i only seen her work in her old days but seen alot of pictures of her with rabbits etc, never took deer but excellent little dog and nearly every beddy x whippet ive seen has been a good one, buggers to clip or trim, our megs coat useto blunt clippers or scissors lol that bedlington fluff :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest FTBBTH

ill get some old pics up of her tomorrow, my dad wanted a pup off her when she was about 8/9 tried for 2 years, at 11 we took her to the vet as she had a tuma, the vet removed that and discovered her ovaries were completely tangled up and deformed, so she was spayd

Guest FTBBTH

amazing age for a dog, must have been proper healthy stock and very well looked after, well impressive!

my dad got lucky, my mum put up an advert i believe for a smooth coated bedlington whippet pup as a present, a man got in touch and said ive get one but shes rough coated and if you come and pick her up you can have her free, so he picked her up from newcastle, her sire was a whippet called marillion, supposed to of been a good racing/coursing whippet, white with a brindle saddle i believe

amazing age for a dog, must have been proper healthy stock and very well looked after, well impressive!

Father in law had a springer that lived till 19 , she worked till she was 12 and last retrieved a dummy a week before her death,

Aren't beddies meant to be one of the longest living dogs? A roofer I knew round here had one a similar age and it still went everywhere in the van with him and still walked around like a youngster.

your bitch is 2 year old had 1 season under her belt and your allready tryin spit f*****g pups out of her

She will be 3 when he breeds her, and if he wants a pup out of her then fair enough. You don't have to have one so why get on the guys back ! Piss's me off ppl getting on other ppls back because THEY believe that there breeding THERE dog to early ! its his dog if he wants to breed from her that's up to him ffs. there's no rule book anywhere that states the minimum age you can breed a dog, better than the wankers breeding them when there still pups !