MINSHAW .....

Hairyface, thanks for the information on the "Tex" dog, this is very similar to what Brockdog has given me. Both he and another source both agree that the 1990 Waterloo cup winner " Sam the man" could have been " Minnie,s sire. I have to agree with you that the " Tex" dog should not be classed as a Minshaw, but it has come in handy for me in the way it has enabled me to trace my pups blood lines. My wife just remarked that I can probably trace my pups breeding further back than I can my own, I would bet that I am not alone on that point. The dog known as "punch" that name rings a bell can you or anyone else share any knowledge on this dog. ATB. Sherlock.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Well,i went and had a look at some pups this evening,Rabbithunter's young dog Tyson is the sire to them...and what a cracking litter of puppies they are!! Billy M who owned Cora the dam to Jack and Moscow was there with his mate securing one and a lad off here from Scotland had travelled down for an absolute stunning dog pup..i'm sure the lads will be more than happy with what they got? We had a good craic about the owld days and such :D ..i enjoyed the craic with proper dog lads young and old :icon_redface: ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 1

I was going to call through aswell Andy, but for work commitments...... With the week of shite weather we had, i've spent all night chasing debts... And for what? So I can pay my fecking,council tax water rates etc... :laugh: are you going to broughton on sunday?

I could easily mate..it's only 5 minutes away :laugh: ...i tell you what Ry them pups are belters mate..i put two lads onto the pups and both were delighted with what they saw :yes: ...like peas in a pod they are,8 blue pups :D ,i think he only has a few to shift now and he ain't advertised them and hopefully won't have to..are you going to the show? :hmm:

I was going to call through aswell Andy, but for work commitments...... With the week of shite weather we had, i've spent all night chasing debts... And for what? So I can pay my fecking,council tax water rates etc... :laugh: are you going to broughton on sunday?

me & dean are if the weather is half decent. i was going to take swift but she is broke down. might take a minshaw along haha

I might habve a run through Andy. I'll see if GH fancies a waltz through

Ive never been before, is it just like flimby dog show?

Aye just the same old faces mate :icon_redface: ...

Hairyface, thanks for the information on the "Tex" dog, this is very similar to what Brockdog has given me. Both he and another source both agree that the 1990 Waterloo cup winner " Sam the man" could have been " Minnie,s sire. I have to agree with you that the " Tex" dog should not be classed as a Minshaw, but it has come in handy for me in the way it has enabled me to trace my pups blood lines. My wife just remarked that I can probably trace my pups breeding further back than I can my own, I would bet that I am not alone on that point. The dog known as "punch" that name rings a bell can you or anyone else share any knowledge on this dog. ATB. Sherlock.

all i know is about the punch dog is its been dead a few years now and it and its offspring were/are good at there jobs.

what age are your pup and its siblings, have you got a pic,