MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Cheers tomo they must have been bloody good dogs do you know the breeding of them ?

no i dont mate,,its just what i herd on here a few years back on a similar thread,,, duckwing on this site,, new the fellas involved,

Aye that is correct Millet,Jess's sire Lad was out of a dog called Boy and his sire was a 31 tts Saluki x Grey called Saxon,he was a red/fawn colour. ATB Andy

Edited by poacherspocket22

mmm, i wonder if these were a strain/family (whatever youd call them) like minshaw lurchers or were they better than average lurchers properly conditioned :hmm:

no idea mate,,duckwing will no more,,, but of course there were some lads up in the north east,, and elsewhere in the uk just as comited at the old lamping game especialy back in the 80's,,, when there was some money to be made..

doxhope off here may also know,, think him and his mates kept a family of lurcher x lurcher,,, bred from grafters they were up in the north east

I think most of us saw the challenge vic minshaw gave out, what id like to know is did anyone take up the challenge ? if so did blue ever get beat ? .keep up the thread guys it makes for good reading :thumbs: .

Aye it got beat by a Collie/Grey owned by a lad called Ian he lives here in Cumbria,he's Duckwing's mate but at this moment in time actually lives 200 yards from where i currently am :thumbs: ..it was no big haul infact i stand to be corrected but the Collie x caught 21 bunnies and that was enough to win on the given night :toast: ...fairplay to the dog but i think that was it's 15 minutes of fame because i don't recall it doing much else? Every dog has it's day :victory: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Yes Johnny.. :thumbs: ..i'm unsure of the breeding of some of the dog's on Don's side but if they is any sazuki :D in there Andy will know.. :victory:

Not a nats knacker in the Don dog lads :laugh:

• Like 1

thanks for the reply pp22, sounds like a decent dog properly conditioned for the event. was that the only loss blue had ?

To be perfectly honest i don't think it was any kind of competition the night they ran? I may be wrong but i think it was just a night out between mates but still the cur outshone Blue on that occasion,the lad who owned the dog still keeps very good dogs today,he can condition them as well as anyone...he has had plenty of success with his coursing types in latter years too...a proper good dogman,simple as that really? ATB Andy :thumbs:

Interesting stuff there regarding the German Sheps :yes: ,they are dogs i've often thought would make a useful addition in a lurcher,possibly not these though as some of these ain't the quickest to start with :icon_redface: ..but i think Simo said put to a quality coursing type they could certainly add that little "something"? :hmm: and i would agree with that :thumbs: ..that dog SMART DOG put up is a corker ;) and was obviously a bag filler as he said ;) ...on the hip problem that the German Shep's are renowned for is that something they can pass on when outcrossed or is it just when bred to another German Shep? :hmm: ..i had an Alsation x Collie years ago and by feck it would kill ANYTHING she had a jaw on her like a crocodile and would destroy a hedgerow in pursuit of quarry :yes: ...this isthe old girl here :D ..needed Tess to catch this but Tess was just an arse grabber but when the cavalry arrived :whistling: ...good night vienna :laugh:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 2