MINSHAW .....

good dog that i still have gear with his blood in,G.N ,S DOG TIG. MINSHAW X BULL X

tigreal2.jpg

tigreal1.jpg

dam to him was called rose and sire was shane ,half cross.

i have a bitch here wich is suposed to have the blood of tig and rose not sure how far back though 4128d381.jpg

who bred your dog mate .and i will tel you how far back tig n rose is in your bitch if i can :thumbs:

Robert mcdowell bred her if im correct a dog from summerset was put to a red bitch of mcdowells

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Right lads...Busher will know doubt of heard about this feat as it was the Traveller dog and 15 foxes? ..i have my own opinion on the matter but c'mon then let's hear what you've all got to say? Don't be shy? :D

was that after a night out with little fat pat aka the warrener :laugh:

Right lads...Busher will know doubt of heard about this feat as it was the Traveller dog and 15 foxes? ..i have my own opinion on the matter but c'mon then let's hear what you've all got to say? Don't be shy? :D

evry picture tells a story'' thats the saying.... and i could not call the owner ov this dog a lier'' becouse iv never seen the dog out in the field at that time.. but u only belive what u see with ur own eyes realy'' n iv seen a lot ov charlies taken in my time' seen lots ov .. 8 10.. n 12 one night.. n there was a 15 .. but thay was with 2 dogs... ATB..B

It was the word on the grapevine many moons ago B as you'll no doubt of heard?..i have a lot of time for J and he's top craic whatever the story is? :thumbs: ..here's another pic but he did tell me these weren't all dogged as you could imagine..cracking pic though :D ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 1

evry picture tells a story'' thats the saying.... and i could not call the owner ov this dog a lier'' becouse iv never seen the dog out in the field at that time.. but u only belive what u see with ur own eyes realy'' n iv seen a lot ov charlies taken in my time' seen lots ov .. 8 10.. n 12 one night.. n there was a 15 .. but thay was with 2 dogs... ATB..B

It was the word on the grapevine many moons ago B as you'll no doubt of heard?..i have a lot of time for J and he's top craic whatever the story is? :thumbs: ..here's another pic but he did tell me these weren't all dogged as you could imagine..cracking pic though :D ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

well andy i no J.. well n he certanly nos whats been caught over the seasons with these dogs at this end'' n hes always been sound with me.. his lamping partner has an exerlent vermin dog' what takes fives single handed'' with no problem.... a good dog he is.... but my self cant see point ov puting ur dog on a pic'' with loads ov game'' that its not dispatched all ov them'' its self... but its each to there own andy... ATB..B

• Like 1

mcdowells bitch was logan x 3/4 bred shane bitch .sommerset dog was tig bred.if i,m correct pal.

logans owner told me the same mate, any idea what the minshaws tht are in the blood wer bred out of?

tig was bred out of a bitch called rose .ROSE was bred out of conan x t.watsons coursing bitch.Andy will no what how conan was bred pal.how olds your bitch .cause the dogs from summerset where different.some where double bred TIG.hope this makes sense pal

Like i said i know jack shit about fox dogs :icon_redface: ..i do know of lads up here who you know Busher that have had 8's way back in the days of yesteryear but myself i ain't ever owned a dog that i would call even 1/2 decent on them :blink: yes they've had em but you know the craic? ..well not a fecking lurcher anyway lol although that Don has a hatred for them when they've been shot,my 2nd youngest lad got one last week with his mate who's a son of a farmer whose been losing poultry and again they had a look t'other day as they were still going missing :censored: and they got another and the lad said Don was mental on the carcass :blink: ..the best i've owned was a Russell and i got 6 with her one day but i've limited knowledge when it comes to what a dog would be capable of in one day/night in truth so i'll leave that to you lads that do know? ATB Andy. ;)

mcdowells bitch was logan x 3/4 bred shane bitch .sommerset dog was tig bred.if i,m correct pal.

logans owner told me the same mate, any idea what the minshaws tht are in the blood wer bred out of?

tig was bred out of a bitch called rose .ROSE was bred out of conan x t.watsons coursing bitch.Andy will no what how conan was bred pal.how olds your bitch .cause the dogs from summerset where different.some where double bred TIG.hope this makes sense pal

Conan was out of Blue and i just forget the big lad who had it's dam she was a little white and blue brindle thing not alot different to that bitch i had called Jess, he lived in Greysouthen,a real nice lad but he's sadly dead now :cray: ..Wayne W from Cockermouth owned Rose,Conan down below is the coloured dog there's also a pic a few pages back with him and Nigger with a couple of Red Deer and a Roe :thumbs: ..ATB Andy. ;)

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 4

double bred tig bitch ..endless stamina ,would run for a week and a day.real game fxcker to.

reallogan11111111111111.jpg

Never heard of a dog yet out of those Tig lines that weren't hard little feckers? Always highly spoke of thats for sure around these neck of the woods? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Conan was out of Blue and i just forget the big lad who had it's dam she was a little white and blue brindle thing not alot different to that bitch i had called Jess, he lived in Greysouthen,a real nice lad but he's sadly dead now :cray: ..Wayne W from Cockermouth owned Rose,Conan down below is the coloured dog there's also a pic a few pages back with him and Nigger with a couple of Red Deer and a Roe :thumbs: ..ATB Andy. ;)

was that all from one shift andy?