These terriers are just like any other..There are good and bad. Far less common are the great ones. But the percentage of honest workers is high. Nothing magical about them. The things that make you love them, will make you hate them if you can't keep them busy or busted up. Some say they make great pets.. I would rather be shot in the face. But if you feed em work they will eat it up. And it is surprising how well they behave if they get it. Can't say they are better or worse than anything else. No point in it really. They work for what I do, and that's good enough for me.

I totally agree, couldn't had put it any better my self!

I keep mine in the apartment and he's fine as long as he doesn't get bored. But even then he's OK, but maybe a bit anoying... ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is far to easy to get sht dogs of any breed. People that need working dogs, tend to have them. Doesn't matter if they are black and tan, black or freakin purple for that matter. The basic recipie n

Took the Duvadirto pups out around midnight with their mama Kacer and Arna another bitch. We had a cool front and the temp dropped to around 65 degrees which is kind of chilly for this time of year th

They are gritty little dogs. I use them for hogs almost exclusively. However, I did let one of my males chase a coyote into a den. He was down there about six hours and brought out three dead pups. I

Posted Images

I breed jagds in holland. perfect sizes for groundwork, but also perfect workers above ground.

whem someone is intrested please contact me, shipping is no problem.

put some working pics up mate tell us abit about your dogs were they come from what you work with them

I have heard there are some good dogs in Sweden. I have been wanting one from Tribiani Kennel for years. I have a brother to his Zimba bitch.

Mine has "Beba" and "Mefisto" from Tribiani in his lines. Beba was imported from Serbia.

Edited by rothor

I'm happy with my "Ozzy". He's not the sharpest of GJT's, but thats fine with me. The up side is that he will hopefully allways come back in one piece and not cost me a fortune in vet bills. But, as GJT's go, "not the sharpest" does not mean that he will back of... :D

They are the most likely trip to the vets office that I ever fed.

:D

I like them tough, but not "A day in the woods, three weeks recovering" - kind of tough...

Some say that the sharpest ones are to be found in eastern Europe. Is that where you get most of yours, or are there good lines in the States too? Here in Sweden it seems many lines are loosing their sharpnes. Or at least thats how the discussion goes. More restrictions on hunting thats comming up won't make things easier for those trying to keep up the sharpnes... On the other hand I guess our dogs are at least as good when it comes to tracking and following. So again, it's probably more a matter of what kind of hunting one is into.

My best all around dogs come from Fronc Zdeno's Aluminium kennel in Slovakia. I have some small sharp eastern European dogs off of Asstraata and Duvadirto lines. They are tough little dogs that don't like to think about things first. There are a few people working together to get good dogs. It's really helped.

I can understand why you like him then. The really sharp ones can cost you money every time you let them go. They are the most likely trip to the vets office that I ever fed.lol

It's impossible to hunt with the really sharp. 4H champions are just for exhibition.

• Like 1