Why do people put up the breeding behind their pups on thl or similar sites?

Is it for some kind of street cred??? Is it an attempt to "big" a pup up so it becomes some kind of legend even before its coursed its first hare???

is it attention seeking?

what if your wonder pup jacks?

What if it draws the wrong type of attention ie dog theives?

just something ive been noticing a lot of lately... Thought id bring it up as a topic for debate

Is it for some kind of street cred??? Is it an attempt to "big" a pup up so it becomes some kind of legend even before its coursed its first hare???

is it attention seeking?

just something ive been noticing a lot of lately... Thought id bring it up as a topic for debate

if you just put a picture of your dog/pup usally the first one or two replies goes, nice dog/pup hows it bred so i reckon thats why people do it.

is it attention seeking?

if you just put a picture of your dog/pup usally the first one or two replies goes, nice dog/pup hows it bred so i reckon thats why people do it.

but isnt it a big fall if after all the excitement and publicising of a pup if it jacks, after all wouldnt it be public embarassment as well as personal disapointment??

Edited by Carraghs Gem

If the pup jacks it jacks at least as a dog man you have had the balls to stick your neck out and report on its progress and it shows you are honest enough to say hand on heart I gave the dog every opportunity but it just didn't cut it so you part company and start again .............

• Like 3

is it attention seeking?

but isnt it a big fall if after all the excitement and publicising of a pup if it jacks, after all wouldnt it be public embarassment as well as personal disapointment??

if it jacked then people will no not to go down that line of breeding..

is it attention seeking?

I agree with trigger and socks, i dont agree with your comment at all. No breeding no matter how good has a 100% record, so if a dog from Punch, or Merlin and Eve, or Minshaw jacks you would never have a dog of that line again????

It gives people an insight into what lines are being used and hopefully if progress reports are given it will show how the particular lines do on the ground. Although some put lines up to show how much they have supposedly laid out for a pup. Its down to choice I for instance have my dogs for my use and dont see the need to post lines which incedently I know for yonks ;)

It gives people an insight into what lines are being used and hopefully if progress reports are given it will show how the particular lines do on the ground. Although some put lines up to show how much they have supposedly laid out for a pup. Its down to choice I for instance have my dogs for my use and dont see the need to post lines which incedently I know for yonks ;)

good reply :thumbs:

It brings up another question however... Why not then wait until a dog has started working or has started coursing before mentioning the breeding behind a pup?

If you look at a lot of the purported studs that are about it is the ancestory that is relied on like from Khan Jihad LInes or from Merlin and Eve lines without any mention of what the dog in question has done so I agree with you totally let the dog get its feet dirty and get a couple of seasons under its slip then go into the lines . Incedently a lot of dogs are bulled up that much and lining bitches without even putting in full seasons peple will know the ones in question

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

is it attention seeking?

but what part did the numpty on the other end of the leash play in it jacking ..did he flog the arse of it . did he run it with an injury /did he run it to young and spoil it? would they admit tothat,, or just blame the breeding/ i wonder :hmm:
  • Like 2