ROY HODGSON ENGLAND MANAGER

Being charismatic and likeable makes him a great man manager............he,s proved he is just as tactically astute as Hodgson,he had massive public backing which after all said and done is an ulikely bonus to any England manager................................your one of the only people ive spoke to who prefers Hodgson to Redknapp....but cool its all about opinions,personally i think the fa bottled it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roy seem to be in the same mold as bobby Robson , a honourable. Man , just think Harry was up for it and the player seemed to like the idea , let's get behind who ever it is along as he is a ENGLISHM

Im struggling here to remember what Harry Redknapp has actually done to be such a big favourite for the job ... i thnk Hodgson is not as bad as some are making out ... you dont get the England job jus

I agree with that......Hodgson has proven himself a good International manager as well as club manager.......We dont want a Mourinho or Guardiola them guys are great at managing the worlds top stars a

I guess the 95 % of the English population players,managers,public who wanted Harry are all wrong then :D

Where did you get your stats from Gnash? :D The polls I've seen about the place about whether the England fans are happy with the appointment avereage out at about the 60% in favour of Hodgson mark..

Maybe 95% of people inside the M25 thought Harry was a dead cert, along with all the London based press, but from what I've seen on football sites not linked to the press in a big way, people seem to be happy. :yes::thumbs:

I guess the 95 % of the English population players,managers,public who wanted Harry are all wrong then :D

Where did you get your stats from Gnash? :D The polls I've seen about the place about whether the England fans are happy with the appointment avereage out at about the 60% in favour of Hodgson mark..

Maybe 95% of people inside the M25 thought Harry was a dead cert, along with all the London based press, but from what I've seen on football sites not linked to the press in a big way, people seem to be happy. :yes::thumbs:

These sites weren't Scottish, Welsh and Irish ones by any chance................ :D

• Like 1

I was suprised Hodgson was appointed but I have a sneaking feeling that he might just do ok (could just be wishful thinking!). And to be honest he can't be any worse than the recent managers.

I was suprised Hodgson was appointed but I have a sneaking feeling that he might just do ok (could just be wishful thinking!). And to be honest he can't be any worse than the recent managers.

it takes a strong minded person to deal with the pressure of England Manager. if you do well with a few decent results the press lift you up, if you get a few bad one's boy do they smash you up aswel as the fans who expect so much.

expectation are high and if you don't deliver the knives are sharpening to demoralise you and get you out.

Hope Woy can deal with it as he seems a good gennuine guy who would probaly take alot of it to heart, think he was pretty hurt with the flack he got as Liverpool manager? being a England manager will be 100 times worse...

Ok Malt maybe that was an exaggeration......but in the last few months leading up to this appointment ive spoke with fans up and down the country and without any shadow of doubt Harry was by far the majority of peoples favorite.....95 % maybe not......but very few folk ive spoke to had Hodgsons name on the tip of their tongue its easy for folk to come out after saying they are happy with him but they wasnt saying they wanted him beforehand.

Im happy with him compared to another foreigner.....but compared to Redknapp no.

• Like 1

Ok Malt maybe that was an exaggeration......but in the last few months leading up to this appointment ive spoke with fans up and down the country and without any shadow of doubt Harry was by far the majority of peoples favorite.....95 % maybe not......but very few folk ive spoke to had Hodgsons name on the tip of their tongue its easy for folk to come out after saying they are happy with him but they wasnt saying they wanted him beforehand.

Im happy with him compared to another foreigner.....but compared to Redknapp no.

to honest Gnash , i dont think it will make much differnce mate who the boss, as the England team are over rated anyway. Roy will get the shit when it all goes wrong, same as Harry would have.?

I dont think we,re overated i just think our expectations are too high........people constantly link success to money and it just dont work like that.....what reason is there to think we should have more success than the other top footie countries of Europe....Spain Germany Holland Italy France etc........if we could reach the semis at the Euro,s that would be a good achievement in my book.

As a nation the public dont help but this era wont be any different to the shit Taylor,Venables Hoddle or any of the others got......even Bobby Robson took stick and he,s a god like figure now !!......We are just a strange old nation when it comes to sport.

• Like 1

Ray, I think your team as a whole would have been under less pressure from the media if Redknapp had been made manager, and that would have been worth a lot in the run up to a major competition. :yes:

Through no fault of his own, Hodgson will be immediately under the microscope in the press from the off, and if and when it all goes tits up, they'll triumphantly proclaim that the FA should have listened to them all along..

I dont think we,re overated i just think our expectations are too high........people constantly link success to money and it just dont work like that.....what reason is there to think we should have more success than the other top footie countries of Europe....Spain Germany Holland Italy France etc........if we could reach the semis at the Euro,s that would be a good achievement in my book.

As a nation the public dont help but this era wont be any different to the shit Taylor,Venables Hoddle or any of the others got......even Bobby Robson took stick and he,s a god like figure now !!......We are just a strange old nation when it comes to sport.

I don't think you're far wrong there.

Whatever the sport, it seems to be a trait of the British media to encourage the public to place our sportsmen on a pedestal, and then proceed to knock them off by highlighting and exagerating every single fault. Unfortunately too many people are influenced by the press rather than form their own opinions.

• Like 1

Desktop would be good no doubt but I'd rather have Hodgson. He will get murdered by the press just like McLaren did who I still thiNJ is a decent manager the press just didn't like him calling him Wally with brolly when picture showed him with a brolly up when it was raining lol