Countrymans weekly arrogance . . .

good post that cookie,,, i agreed with it all, apart from the little dig at the op at the end,,,

Not a dig TOMO a observation bases on two topics something I notice lately thread and this one.

The starting of both threads are going to draw conflicting views and only service to cause divide in the hunting communtiy if if that was not intended and the forum and oringnal OP has got to take the rough with smooth on members views of the subject and the reason for the oringnal threads.

Unlike some members I do not intended to follow others in a sheep like way with disliking members I base my views and opinions on my experience in life and forum.

Being a member of THL is not a popularity contest like it is for some and I strive to give honest fair opinions and share my knowledge and fun I have in hunting with others even if comes across a bit arrogant .

ATB Cookie

Without wanting to cause an argument on here - how exactly has this thread caused divide in the hunting community?

Apart from dividing the rabbit choppers and the rabbit stretchers :laugh:

I was knocking a magazine for publishing articles that are highly opinionated, and in which the writer needlesly belittles fellow hunters, and comes across as an arrogant smart ass. That, if anything, divides people.

Jai I have not read the article you base your thread on but you have a bee in your bonet about experiranced hunters so called belittleling SPELLING I think over time a person who does alot of X be it hunting or work wise can be called arrogant .

When on sites the standard brickies hate good brickies as them see them as arrogant tossers where I see them as men and the top of there game and respect there knowledge and skill.

Something lacking on THL respect knowledge of men who do this day in day out .

You cant tell me that you think a guy who goes out 6 of so time year we ferts can have anywhere near the understanding of a ld who ferts 6 days a week.

Both need and warrant respect both have value in there opinions but there knowledge will be on diffrent levels.

ATB Cookie :thumbs:

pish

• Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure why, but i quite often buy the countrymans weekly, it's something to read in work, where they have now blocked the hunting life on the computer. I can usually guarentee that there will be

its not even been fit for arse wiping for years ...

I'd say you definatly learn fieldcraft, and efficiency over time served. But you can def also pick up some kind of genius idea off someone who has been doing it for a season and is just a smart guy. A

Posted Images

good post that cookie,,, i agreed with it all, apart from the little dig at the op at the end,,,

Not a dig TOMO a observation bases on two topics something I notice lately thread and this one.

The starting of both threads are going to draw conflicting views and only service to cause divide in the hunting communtiy if if that was not intended and the forum and oringnal OP has got to take the rough with smooth on members views of the subject and the reason for the oringnal threads.

Unlike some members I do not intended to follow others in a sheep like way with disliking members I base my views and opinions on my experience in life and forum.

Being a member of THL is not a popularity contest like it is for some and I strive to give honest fair opinions and share my knowledge and fun I have in hunting with others even if comes across a bit arrogant .

ATB Cookie

Without wanting to cause an argument on here - how exactly has this thread caused divide in the hunting community?

I was knocking a magazine for publishing articles that are highly opinionated, and in which the writer needlesly belittles fellow hunters, and comes across as an arrogant smart ass. That, if anything, divides people.

Jai I have not read the article you base your thread on but you have a bee in your bonet about experiranced hunters so called belittleling SPELLING I think over time a person who does alot of X be it hunting or work wise can be called arrogant .

When on sites the standard brickies hate good brickies as them see them as arrogant tossers where I see them as men and the top of there game and respect there knowledge and skill.

You cant tell me that you think a guy who goes out 6 of so time year we ferts can have anywhere near the understanding of a ld who ferts 6 days a week.

Both need and warrant respect both have value in there opinions but there knowledge will be on diffrent levels.

Coookie. . . as you have not read the article, you cant be sure exactly what i have a bee in my bonnet about. I don't like arrogance, experiance however, is a god sent! I have met, gone out with and spoken to many experianced, knowledgable people. . . . . most of them not arrogant in anyway, but passionate, interesting folk, who have put the years in to earn the wisdom.

You have this idea, that when i talk about arrogant people, i just mean anyone who does something for a living 'at the top of their game'. Not at all. I plain and simple, dont like arrogant folk.

Maybe sometimes people try to excuse their lack of manners / social skills and general arrogance, by telling themselves that people only find them so, or say they are so, because those people are jealous of how good they are. . . . . . . . .

I hate bringing other folk into things, but take our dear Chalky for an example, an extremely knowledgable guy when it comes to hunting the coney, and many would say 'at the top of his game', but not arrogant in the slightest, and usually pops a long with some wise words just when other folks tempers are flying.

Where, out of interest, did you get the idea that the folk on THL, universally do not respect knowledgable men who do this day in, day out? They very much do, and lets be honest, a lot of members of THL. . . ARE. knowlegable men who do this, day in, day out. Most of them however, wont excuse you being a knob, even if you do know your stuff!

And i never said that a lad who goes out 6 times a year, would have the knowledge of a lad who goes out 6 times a week. What i aid was, if that lad who goes out 6 times a year, takes the time to write up his day out, and he's caught a half dozen, maybe a single bunny, maybe even nowt. It's still an enjoyable read, and a good thing that he has written it, and he deserves the respect he is due.

What i did say previously is that i believe that it is possible for a lad who catches less rabbits than another over a season, may well have more knowledge and more experiance, than one who catches more. But that's another story.

:thumbs:

Edited by Ideation

ATB Cookie

pish

you are doing the same if you o it everyday or 3 times a year, the difference isnt that much imo. i dont go out as much as some of my ferreting buddies but i dont see any difference between any of us as in ability wise, apart from carrying gear :laugh: i think we all have the same ability to catch the rabbits that are their to catch, no matter how many times a year we go out. :thumbs:

ATB Cookie

pish

you are doing the same if you o it everyday or 3 times a year, the difference isnt that much imo. i dont go out as much as some of my ferreting buddies but i dont see any difference between any of us as in ability wise, apart from carrying gear :laugh: i think we all have the same ability to catch the rabbits that are their to catch, no matter how many times a year we go out. :thumbs:

I'd say you definatly learn fieldcraft, and efficiency over time served. But you can def also pick up some kind of genius idea off someone who has been doing it for a season and is just a smart guy. And after a long time, you can have totally new experiances, which make you have to learn new skills sharpish. Like, before coming to your part of the world, i'd ever encountered rabbits in stone walls, and rabbits that ran through them. First day there i was so excited to pull my first out of the wall after the dog marked it. And the dogs were getting flumuxed by the walls. By the second trip, we'd figured it out a bit more (men and dogs) and had a half dozen or so out of walls, and the dogs had learned how to use the walls to their advantage, and read the rabbits about the walls, so when they ran through and on, knowing to jump over and keep running, rather than looking for the rabbit 'to ground' in the wall.

• Like 3

i dont spend £2.10 to read the dribble by certain writers , if you got good common sense your as knowledable about most things as they are. i enjoy reading the news - see what morons have been caught doing no good and where. see where the shows are and see what dogs are knocking about. my favouroute article is kirk cameron and is plummer bilbo, when i read his first article , there was pictures of dead rats and pics of the plummer on the page . thought it might be worth a read , read it all and after i finished the article i think bilbo caught one young rat, i honestly couldnt believe how some one could write so much about rubbish.

so now i read his articles because there so rubbish and i think that lad cant get no more boring and he amazes me when it gets worst.

at the end of the day the editors havent much of a clue what there publishing. every bodies comments and write ups will always be critiscised by us , were all different. and the petty arguments on here will never change, as long as your out side in the country enjoying what ever you do , as long as its legal - who cares

ATB Cookie

pish

he said it himself " its not rocket science" and just because Jimmy the brickie chooses to build the straight wall doesn,t mean he doesn,t have the knowledge how to build the archway :hmm: and he started the pish analogy

Cookie you can,t seem to equate that you,re manner comes across as arroggent, you were only on here a couple of days when you started criticising folk for doing write ups about wee mooches with one or two bunnys in the bag, you asked " whats the point ? " the point was they were interesting and folk enjoyed them :thumbs:

p.s sort yer grammer oot

• Like 2

i dont spend £2.10 to read the dribble by certain writers , if you got good common sense your as knowledable about most things as they are. i enjoy reading the news - see what morons have been caught doing no good and where. see where the shows are and see what dogs are knocking about. my favouroute article is kirk cameron and is plummer bilbo, when i read his first article , there was pictures of dead rats and pics of the plummer on the page . thought it might be worth a read , read it all and after i finished the article i think bilbo caught one young rat, i honestly couldnt believe how some one could write so much about rubbish.

so now i read his articles because there so rubbish and i think that lad cant get no more boring and he amazes me when it gets worst.

at the end of the day the editors havent much of a clue what there publishing. every bodies comments and write ups will always be critiscised by us , were all different. and the petty arguments on here will never change, as long as your out side in the country enjoying what ever you do , as long as its legal - who cares

imagine if he wrote a book. how many pages would that contain. :laugh:

ATB Cookie

pish

I'd say you definatly learn fieldcraft, and efficiency over time served. But you can def also pick up some kind of genius idea off someone who has been doing it for a season and is just a smart guy. And after a long time, you can have totally new experiances, which make you have to learn new skills sharpish. Like, before coming to your part of the world, i'd ever encountered rabbits in stone walls, and rabbits that ran through them. First day there i was so excited to pull my first out of the wall after the dog marked it. And the dogs were getting flumuxed by the walls. By the second trip, we'd figured it out a bit more (men and dogs) and had a half dozen or so out of walls, and the dogs had learned how to use the walls to their advantage, and read the rabbits about the walls, so when they ran through and on, knowing to jump over and keep running, rather than looking for the rabbit 'to ground' in the wall.

walked round some permo the other day walking the dog just to see if the rabbits were still their, found several mummified rabbits in a wall, with rocks on their head and body, so the walls arnt always used to their advantage :laugh: just thought that was quite interesting :icon_redface: i wonder how many rabbits have fallen victim to theese walls..... :hmm::thumbs:

ATB Cookie

I think over time a person who does alot of X be it hunting or work wise can be called arrogant .

Cookie what the :censored: are you on about???

The definition of arrogant,- having excessive pride in oneself, often with contempt for others.

Being better at something doesn't make a person arrogant, I know plenty of folk who are at the top

of their game who are not arrogant know it alls. Just as I know some who know very little but are very arrogant,

why should that be?

Some folk are born and grow up with a very high opinion of themselves and spend their lives looking down on

others. They're not better than anyone but they think they are, that's arrogance for you. :yes:

As for your last line "respect knowledge of men who do this day in day out " ffs get a grip man, do you

want THL members to kneel at your feet and worship you. :icon_redface: Now what was that word again? Oh yeah that's

right.........Arrogance. :laugh:

• Like 3