I.W.T.F. (CLUB) and clubs....

Just Hunt. Don't underestimate the strength and reach of the Pro Hunting Lobby in Ireland. They have put TDs and Senators in to Dail Eireann.

TDs often inform us that they have a pile of emails and letters from ANTI's but very little from hunting people? As Barrie Wade once put it if we all just devoted a small piece of time and effort in doing the same we would be untouchable like hunting is in France and the US. Keep the Faith!!

• Like 2

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The very genuine air of camaraderie on this thread comes across loud and clear, it’s a far cry from the THL of old and long may it continue to be that way.   The IWTF has already shown in a very sho

Barrie, camaraderie would be an understatement. The room for the meeting on Sunday was pre-paid for by one lad out of his own pocket at considerable expence. At the close of the meeting EVERYONE tha

l

Posted Images

This is truly a shocking piece of legislation - in case anyone thinks the posters here are cherry picking pieces to make it sound worse than it is then have a look at the draft here -

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/animalhealthwelfare/ImportedRevisedstampeddraft18b0211doc.pdf

I had mistakenly thought that private dwellings were exempt from the powers of entry of these 'authorized officers' - not so - they don't even need a warrant in certain cases. Now I know they'd struggle to get a conviction against you if they did try this but that won't be the point of the exercise for them. They'll probably have your dogs put down at that stage..........the thing that makes me mad is that we're doing nothing illegal but we've all read the stories on here that pop up all too often of how these powers can so easily get abused.

How many lads do we know with terriers used for a bit of open hunting that never went to ground in their lives - their ears well worn from years of pushing through cover - well now they could well be done under the 'Prohibition on animal fighting etc.' section - it's almost laughable.

• Like 3

Lads their is another hunting/shooting website (boards.ie) could somebody with better computer skills than myself notify them guys about the rally in Cork not been lazy just wouldn't no how to put links n important info about this up I'm sure a good number of guys/girls would be interested in knowing bout this and some attending

"the authorised officer may seize and detain the animal, animal product or animal feed

concerned and any means of transport or other thing used in connection with such.

(2) Where an animal, animal product, animal feed, means of transport or other

thing is seized and detained under subsection (1), an authorised officer may -

(a) sell, destroy or dispose of the animal, animal product, animal feed or

other thing or cause it to be sold, destroyed or disposed of, or "

Lads at what stage is this bill

Where is it now in the government agenda

It's not too late to change it if that's what you're looking to find out - hence the RISE rally. But the people representing us really do need our support - and more importantly they need the politicians to realize that RISE has the backing of a lot more of the voting public than they previously thought.

Corkman might be able to fill you in on exactly what stage it's at.

Johngalway from here is a MOD on boards AFAIK - could he sticky it there? In fairness there's usually a very good turnout from the shooting community at these events.

• Like 1

IF despite all efforts this ridiculous bill goes through how do these "authorised officers" get appointed? Do they submit an application and get appointed via the courts? If so would it be possible to contest the appointment of biased "anti" officers?

As another idea would it be worthwhile looking into getting countryside alliance ireland/working terrier club members etc to apply to become officers? Balance things out a little?