Land of the last wolf

another program telling folk how human like animals are like the fact that they howl more when the mate goes missing very sceintific NOT Maybe Propergander to help the intoduction of wolves to scotland.One sided view of a bunch of tree huggers but turn the sound off and what a wonderfull area they are filming inn for me the best part was to see the huskys used as working dogs and they looked in good shape all muscle.

Got to agree with tomo in the first post.as long as a person has the right to protect his land/livestock i see no problem with having wolves in the country.

think the guy from yellowstone made a very valid point about them using wolves to control the deer which in turn stopped over grazing and bought more birds back into the area.

things will always find a natural balance even including us in the mix.i.e. look at dan edwards posts on here has he run out of coyotes yet? no.

i watched most of the show but got a bit fed up with some of the stuff being said.

So if i lived in the usa would i mind wolfs no.i think i would prefer them in the area to bears and moutain lions when i was out on the land.

But i would always have a hunting rifle with me at all times outdoors wether in my own back yard or mother natures

Got to agree with tomo in the first post.as long as a person has the right to protect his land/livestock i see no problem with having wolves in the country.

think the guy from yellowstone made a very valid point about them using wolves to control the deer which in turn stopped over grazing and bought more birds back into the area.

things will always find a natural balance even including us in the mix.i.e. look at dan edwards posts on here has he run out of coyotes yet? no.

i watched most of the show but got a bit fed up with some of the stuff being said.

So if i lived in the usa would i mind wolfs no.i think i would prefer them in the area to bears and moutain lions when i was out on the land.

But i would always have a hunting rifle with me at all times outdoors wether in my own back yard or mother natures

yep go along with that , what pisses me off is the amount of wolves in there country ( not many) if they was alot i can understand, but feck me the not .Why whipe them out, rather see them in the wild than stuck in a feckin zoo . :yes:

• Like 1
Guest thebigdog

Cheers just switched it over.

Heard a fact other day about wolfs. An alpha wolf can hear the change in a Mans heartbeat at 20 yards

wouldnt need to be 20 yards to hear my heartbeat, would be able to hear the shite running down me leg a mile away :icon_redface:

• Like 2

Cheers just switched it over.

Heard a fact other day about wolfs. An alpha wolf can hear the change in a Mans heartbeat at 20 yards

Lmao

wouldnt need to be 20 yards to hear my heartbeat, would be able to hear the shite running down me leg a mile away :icon_redface:

its ok introducing wolves in to places,,, but if you owned livstock like some of those guys they interviewed,, theres going to be conflict and dead wolves.... you can understand how the ranchers felt i would be the same

but i have to say i hated that hunter they interviewed ,,, all he was bothered about was the size of the local elk population,,, he kept showing pics of dead elk/deer that had been killed by wolves,,, so what..... he summed up what most brits think of yanks,,, just a gung ho c**ts,, i just thought he had a real bad attitude

He was absolutely brilliant......... couldnt even tell the difference between a deer and a wolf pmsl

It was on here but I didn't take much interest in it if I'm honest. I saw enough to work out it was the usual BBC biased crap aimed at people who don't have to live their lives around wolves. I've watched other programmes which gave a more balanced view and it's no fun when people in some of the remote areas are loosing livestock, pets, farm dogs etc at increasingly regular circumstances. The reason the wolves are coming back into these areas is because the population is expanding.

Ok some of those yank hunters(sort of) were fkin stupid full stop....as most of us brits know we lost our main predetors years and years ago and now we have to control the prey speices population all because of our mistakes....we killed off the bear,the lynx,the wolf because of our fear and now we replace what they did with our rifles/guns and so on....wolfs should be allowed to re'establish their territorys in america to take the weak and unfit quarry which benefits the hunter.......who wants to hunt sick animals?

Wolfs will take lifestock because it's an easy target

Wolves are one of my favourite animals, I want to work with them. I watched the programme but it wasn't the best, but I think they do have a valid point. It really pisses me off how greedy and selfish people are with livestock, if you let animals run around free then surely you should expect some to go missing (like cats), be it predators or drowning in a stream etc. Pheasants in the UK are a perfect example, they are going to wander off, get hit by cars or otherwise but if a keeper spots a buzzard or goshawk then they shoot the poor bugger. Don't get me wrong though, if a predator like a wolf or fox starts constantly taking livestock you don't have a choice it will have learnt to come back. But wolves are territorial and you can scare them away for good with a pack of dogs or by playing wolf howls from a large pack etc, they can be managed and if a mistake happens then that's life. No need to wipe a species out for doing what it was born for.

• Like 1

It really pisses me off how greedy and selfish people are with livestock,

You're right mate, we should all f**k meat & dairy products off completely and stick eating tofu, Quorn and soya burgers.. :rolleyes:

Not being funny or trying to imply anything, but some of your posts lately have displayed a distinct lack of knowledge about the way the countryside we hunt in works. I know very, very few people on here or in real life who would advocate the wiping out of any species. It's all about understanding the need for control. Most of the countryside as we know it isn't a natural habitat, it's a man made environment which is the way it is due to centuries of being tended and managed by humans. There will always be a need to control predators in it here and elsewhere because we've done so much to alter the natural balance of things..

No offence intended.. :thumbs:

It really pisses me off how greedy and selfish people are with livestock,

You're right mate, we should all f**k meat & dairy products off completely and stick eating tofu, Quorn and soya burgers.. :rolleyes:

Not being funny or trying to imply anything, but some of your posts lately have displayed a distinct lack of knowledge about the way the countryside we hunt in works. I know very, very few people on here or in real life who would advocate the wiping out of any species. It's all about understanding the need for control. Most of the countryside as we know it isn't a natural habitat, it's a man made environment which is the way it is due to centuries of being tended and managed by humans. There will always be a need to control predators in it here and elsewhere because we've done so much to alter the natural balance of things..

No offence intended.. :thumbs:

I don't think you are taking what I said in context. I am referring to wolves that have already been hunted to the point where the natural balance has swung in the wrong direction. The programme showed a pack of about 5 wolves returning to an area they had been hunted to extinction already, and the rednecks wanted to wipe them out all over again. They (or one nutter at least) deny that removing the wolves from yellowstone caused problems by allowing too many grazing species to breed which ate the saplings, which is what happens when too many predators are hunted.

I don't think I am ignorant, I just think that humans really f**k things up when they try to control the environment which is evident everywhere. Then controlling various species is just damage control, I never implied predators don't need to be controlled. But again, in context, wolves can be managed safely without resorting to eradication or over-hunting esepcially in the Canadian wilderness with so few humans. The problem is that one calf gets killed and they march out and wipe out an entire pack.

No offence taken, but you did hurt my feelings :cray: