What Lurcher cross is best for being placid

My freinds husband wants to get a lurcher,nothing to large, and it has to be of sound nature as family has two children, a yorkie dog and 2 cats, is there a specific type of lurcher cross that seems to have a more placid disposition than a lot of others,more tolerant but can still cut the mustard, can any one recomend a type please or perhaps more than one type just to give us an indication which to go for please.

most sighthounds are placid even them with terrier in the mix once matured but pups will be pups what ever the cross and all will require training. what you choose will depend on what you want to do with the dog pointess getting a whippit to retrieve boar or getting a wolfhound to catch rabbits the worlds your lobster when it comes to crosses with lurchers :thumbs:

Ok, he just wants a smallish lurcher for rabbiting with ferrets etc, but we have heard that the beddlington type can be a bit prone to fighting and once provoked never gives in,so with small dog and cats it might be a problem. as epecially as the yorkie can be a bit prone to snapping.

Any all good natured avoid the obvious bull x's but I like the deerhound x myself have a 2 year old who rags my dog all over and he just takes it even let's him sleep on him . So I would say deer/grey x whip