ft lbs kill ranges

If you can reach out to that range accurately with a springer, then kudos to you! :thumbs:

well aparently it would probably be 'easy' to most of these 'snipers' on here with there pree charged!!

im quuite happy getting in closer to stuff and going for an easier shot. less risky and a lot more respect is given to the quarry. plus its fun and a challenge.

better than setting up and waiting until something lands or pops its head up at long range then all you have to do is move your bipod slightly and squeese the trigger!

thats just my view though. each to their own i say. i like to be active when im out hunting. sneeking around slowly and stalking is more my cup of tea than the sit and wait approach

:icon_eek: wow thats a bit of a cocky reply about long range shooting,i think you need to do as said and download chairgun,then when you start to understand trajectory and wind factors and then get around to hitting targets at long range then you may just understand how dam cocky that reply is!!!

• Like 3

Not sure what you mean by "accurately kill" - accuracy is based on pellet, rifle quality and operator alone. The power has little to do with accuracy. Unless you mean 'cleanly kill'. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that 5ftlb at impact is enough to kill a rabbit if you shoot it in the head. According to Chairgun, with a 28ftlb at muzzle, you've got 110 yards before the energy drops to 5ftlb.

3fpe at target should cleanly kill a bunny if you accurately hit the cranium.

well aparently it would probably be 'easy' to most of these 'snipers' on here with there pree charged!!

Dear Mr Skot Ruthless Teale,

That is a very inaccurate statement there and taken as a intended dig at some of the very capable shots in this section.

In the time I have been in this section I have never heard or seen of anyone shooting live quarry at 90 yards with a sub 12 air rifle.

If you are living your shooting life trying to aspire to what Chairgun Pro states as a max range for a sub 12 kill power you are going to be very disappointed in the future mate.

Reading your last few posts and threads I get the strong impression that you have very little air rifle shooting experience, If I'm wrong then I do apologuise but I think its best for now that you practice more and read what the experienced lads in here post prior to trying to shoot anywhere near 50 yards with your springer.

Si.

• Like 4

like i said i dont try take ridiculously long shots. i know my ranges and abilities.

i was shooting targets the other day and i know about wind and all that stuff. i can shoot prettty good at about 45 yards [bANNED TEXT] my springers. but i dont try shoot animals that far. i try get as close as i can. my prefered range is about25-35 yds when shooting live animals. i dont want anything to go wrong like just injuring stuff.

also ive seen a lot of your videos si and i know how good you are, it was meant as a joke i didnt mean to offend anybody or sound cocky. ive been shooting for around 10 yrs.

i know im out of practise at the min and i havent always been the best shot, but i respect my own abilities and know how far i can shoot accurately. thats why i always try to get as close as i can.

i know iv been coming accross as a right dick recently dont know whats got into me to be honest.. :/

sorry

see, i never used to go on the internet much, and the ranges i used to shoot at was close medium and 'miles away'

'miles away refered to about 30-35 yds.... :thumbs:

i didnt actualy realise how powerful these 12ft lb rifles actualy were until i seen vids online, of various people such as yourself shooting not just live quarry at 50+yds, also shooting targets at 200 (meters?? if i remember right. might have been ft or yds..??) anyway..

id like to be able to get good enough to shoot at 60 yards -and i know thats not going to happen overnight- however even if i could get a 2p size grouping at that range i stil wouldnt shoot quarry that far. il stick to 30-40yds because thats what suits me. thats far enough for me and my kind of shooting.

like i said its each to their own, i respect that some of you like to shoot at longer ranges.. and you do a damn good job of it..

also recently i have been enjoying shooting targets a hell of a lot more.. it used to be i would get a gun put a scope on, zero it and then literaly just go hunting. now i like trying to improve my groupings and practise. ive recently had a 3 year break from shooting so im a bit rusty at the min :huh:

anyway once again sorry for any offence and confusion as to the sort of person ive been comeing accross as.

• Like 2
  • 9 years later...

This awful thread should have been left behind nine years ago. It makes me cringe when people quote how little energy is required to kill a rabbit. It’s just not ethical in my opinion. Live quarry deserves better?‍♂️........

• Like 2
On 04/06/2021 at 09:12, Dervburner said:

This awful thread should have been left behind nine years ago. It makes me cringe when people quote how little energy is required to kill a rabbit. It’s just not ethical in my opinion. Live quarry deserves better?‍♂️........

Agreed im reading my old comments cringing ??

How are all my fellow 'PCP sniper' freinds these days ✋?????????

• Haha 2

Completely agree chaps.  now to Reece's query regarding a Co2 gun for hunting............ well my opinion for what it is worth, good fun in the garden plinking but not a hunting riflle.  Co2 is not a stable source of propulsion compared to a pcp ot springer rifle. They vary in power according to temperature so very few people use them.

• Like 1

11.5ft lb or 28ft lb (or more), you are talking limits, and when you get to the limits you will not be accurate all the time.

28ft lb of .22 air certainly has the terminal performance to stop a rabbit at 100yards, but the pellet is subject to so many forces reacting on it out to those distances, setting aside the guns repeatability and the operators experience, it is seldom a shot to take.

My 25ft lb Falcon and 30ft lb Theoben both in .22 have a 40 yard zero.

Both of my .22LR have 60 yard zeros and my HMR and WMR have a 100 yard zero, all my centrefires have a 200 yard zero.

My .308 can kill you out to way, way, over a mile, but.......

:thumbs:

• Like 2