• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All depends on your comprehension of "getting on a bit" !! LOL !!.......... Theres still quite a few of us in the game that owned and ran "Lurchers", before the Saluki became popular.   Cheers.

Saluki is the dog for the stamina

I would,nt like to say that the Saluki as better feet than a Border,mind you,i would,nt like to say a Border as better feet than a Saluki.Both breeds probably have had the biggest influence on lurcher

Collie was bred to take instruction, and very good at it they are indeed ,they can turn their hand to most canine tasks and do very well at jobs other dogs were bred to do, but doing very well is fine but it wont reach the heights of dogs bred for a specific purpose,

On the other hand a saluki is bred just to catch, thats all, not take instruction or jump through hoops for anyone, its intelligence is in its ability to catch, it just knows how to do it better than other breeds,

have to disagree casso, surely a collie type which can take instruction or as I like to put it "subtle direction " and use its own initiative when needed and work with you as part of a team will surely CATCH more, therefore how can a saluki type outclass any other breed, you,ve said it yourself above a saluki has been bred for a specific purpose, i.e. point and slip not what I would class as a LURCHER :hmm:

• Like 1

But wasnt the collie crosses knockin over the hares before the saluki even came along????? The ppl i know from down the years they certinly have been for them atb walshy

you know people from before the saluki came along eh ? they must be gettting on a bit

All depends on your comprehension of "getting on a bit" !! LOL !!.......... Theres still quite a few of us in the game that owned and ran "Lurchers", before the Saluki became popular. :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 3

he like's this,,, you like that,,,if you like that your old,, if you like this your dumb,,,realy good fun this,,, but i wonder what the dogs would say to you all about them all trying there best to please you all.... no matter what x you choose to run ,,,i bet they would never swear just as well they cant talk ... hey ... :D

Collie was bred to take instruction, and very good at it they are indeed ,they can turn their hand to most canine tasks and do very well at jobs other dogs were bred to do, but doing very well is fine but it wont reach the heights of dogs bred for a specific purpose,

On the other hand a saluki is bred just to catch, thats all, not take instruction or jump through hoops for anyone, its intelligence is in its ability to catch, it just knows how to do it better than other breeds,

have to disagree casso, surely a collie type which can take instruction or as I like to put it "subtle direction " and use its own initiative when needed and work with you as part of a team will surely CATCH more, therefore how can a saluki type outclass any other breed, you,ve said it yourself above a saluki has been bred for a specific purpose, i.e. point and slip not what I would class as a LURCHER :hmm:

yeah your right there bud, but the other lad was on about the fens and the 5 out of 5 stuff, but your right for all round work a dog with a bit of collie in it is hard to beat,,

• Like 1