• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All depends on your comprehension of "getting on a bit" !! LOL !!.......... Theres still quite a few of us in the game that owned and ran "Lurchers", before the Saluki became popular.   Cheers.

Saluki is the dog for the stamina

I would,nt like to say that the Saluki as better feet than a Border,mind you,i would,nt like to say a Border as better feet than a Saluki.Both breeds probably have had the biggest influence on lurcher

Why add saluki, bull etc surely the collie has enough attitude wind to do the job ?

It possibly does,but a Saluki adds to a coursing dog and whilst im no fan of bull crosses,good ones will take some beating at their chosen sport,each to their own preference.
  • Like 1

i have a soft spot for collie crosses but on preban hares prefered saluki lurcher cross collie lurcher as opposed to a 3/4 grey/1/4 collie which i have owned and seen a fair few run. found the saluki collie lurcher better in the wind department and better feet while retaining bidability. these dogs were run on big open fields ie wheat stubble fields.

i have a soft spot for collie crosses but on preban hares prefered saluki lurcher cross collie lurcher as opposed to a 3/4 grey/1/4 collie which i have owned and seen a fair few run. found the saluki collie lurcher better in the wind department and better feet while retaining bidability. these dogs were run on big open fields ie wheat stubble fields.

better feet ?

Sapose every1 has there own opinions! Seen a few full salukis run and saluki xs run and seemed to lack that extra gear they preferd to stick with the hare as the 3/4 grey xs seem to be an up at um type puttin them under pressure but can also stick if they need to. Sapose aslong as they catch is all that maters ey? Atb walshy

never had any trouble with the saluki/collie /lurchers feet. saw and owned 3/4 grey/collie which knocked up toes etc on the same land on occassion.

That possibly came from the Greyhound side of the breeding,whilst a working Border,s feet are nearly second to none,the Saluki runs it very close.
  • Like 1

never had any trouble with the saluki/collie /lurchers feet. saw and owned 3/4 grey/collie which knocked up toes etc on the same land on occassion.

That possibly came from the Greyhound side of the breeding,whilst a working Border,s feet are nearly second to none,the Saluki runs it very close.

Agreed my bitch has very good feet neva had a problem with then. As my

Mate runs a full saluki and saluki whip and they have feet like led boots and always comin bk knocked up atb walshy

yes i am talking about 3/4 grey 1/4 collie on preban hares as opposed to saluki/grey /collie/lurcher. 3/4 greyhound. im not trying to say a saluki has better feet than a collie. Edited by darbo

yes i am talking about 3/4 grey 1/4 collie on preban hares as opposed to saluki/grey /collie/lurcher. 3/4 greyhound. im not trying to say a saluki has better feet than a collie.

I would,nt like to say that the Saluki as better feet than a Border,mind you,i would,nt like to say a Border as better feet than a Saluki.Both breeds probably have had the biggest influence on lurchers and have added more to the mix than any other,two worthy additions to a lurcher.
  • Like 2

yes i am talking about 3/4 grey 1/4 collie on preban hares as opposed to saluki/grey /collie/lurcher. 3/4 greyhound. im not trying to say a saluki has better feet than a collie.

I would,nt like to say that the Saluki as better feet than a Border,mind you,i would,nt like to say a Border as better feet than a Saluki.Both breeds probably have had the biggest influence on lurchers and have added more to the mix than any other,two worthy additions to a lurcher.

couldnt agree more :thumbs: Edited by darbo