imo not just stamia, feet,wind, the saluki x can add a different style to the way they run, people dont give credit that a saluki x can add that bit of running sence [read there game well ]

a decent collie type will read there game well though would it not :hmm:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All depends on your comprehension of "getting on a bit" !! LOL !!.......... Theres still quite a few of us in the game that owned and ran "Lurchers", before the Saluki became popular.   Cheers.

Saluki is the dog for the stamina

I would,nt like to say that the Saluki as better feet than a Border,mind you,i would,nt like to say a Border as better feet than a Saluki.Both breeds probably have had the biggest influence on lurcher

Why add saluki, bull etc surely the collie has enough attitude wind to do the job ?

the fact that you even have to ask the question tells me you have not got a clue..... how many of these wonder colliexs do you own and when did u get this line of hard fast stamina packed hounds

I,ve never claimed to have a hard fast stamina packed hound, at least I don,t think so as I was drunk when I started this thread lol, just a bit of a wind up to be honest mate atb :thumbs:

collie x,s are still the best though :D

lol drinking on an empty heed you would think that

You obviously know nothing about coursing if you asking, what does a saluki add that collie dosnt. There is no comparison when it comes to hare killing.

I don,t agree, adecent collie type will run clever just as well as any saluki type, whether up and at them or other wise

No collie cross can live with a saluki cross on big land , they cannot compete for stamina. Small fields /hedgey land , yes , big fens, no.

Moonlighter is spot on. Horses for courses.

Thats the whole problem with saluki crosses, one trick ponies. They need an area the size of Gibralter without any cover to errr "run there quarry into the ground". If thats what floats your boat the batter in but for the vast majority of us, we prefer to see a good course where a dog is actually trying to catch its quarry instead of out running it. I've said it before though and alas lol I'm about to say it again :tongue2: It's all down to money with the fen guys. I read a few weeks ago or it could have been months :hmm: no matter, one of your super heros marcusus on here, I thought oh aye, finally a saluki guy who knows what he is talking about not like the brown noses on here but alas he just proved my point..... :icon_redface: It wasn't long before he was trying to cash in on past glories....... trying to sell frozen sperm from a dead dog, I mean, c'mon to f**k :icon_eek: It's bad enough we have to endure the endless dvd sellers on here, brookie incorperated.... but to see one of your leaders reduced to selling a so called legends spunk, begs belief :blink: If the dog was so precious that sperm was frozen you'd think he'd be keeping it to keep his own lines intact not cash in but as I said on numerous occassions...... it's fuckall to do with the chase, it's all to do with the dosh :yes:

• Like 1

You obviously know nothing about coursing if you asking, what does a saluki add that collie dosnt. There is no comparison when it comes to hare killing.

couldnt of answered that better mate

And I belief you too Kevin pmsl :laugh:

But wasnt the collie crosses knockin over the hares before the saluki even came along????? The ppl i know from down the years they certinly have been for them atb walshy

you know people from before the saluki came along eh ? they must be gettting on a bit

Kevin, before you wrote that I actually thought you might know a bit but now......... :icon_redface:

But wasnt the collie crosses knockin over the hares before the saluki even came along????? The ppl i know from down the years they certinly have been for them atb walshy

you know people from before the saluki came along eh ? they must be gettting on a bit

Kevin, before you wrote that I actually thought you might know a bit but now......... :icon_redface:

I did,nt.

I don,t agree, adecent collie type will run clever just as well as any saluki type, whether up and at them or other wise

No collie cross can live with a saluki cross on big land , they cannot compete for stamina. Small fields /hedgey land , yes , big fens, no.

Thats the whole problem with saluki crosses, one trick ponies. They need an area the size of Gibralter without any cover to errr "run there quarry into the ground". If thats what floats your boat the batter in but for the vast majority of us, we prefer to see a good course where a dog is actually trying to catch its quarry instead of out running it. I've said it before though and alas lol I'm about to say it again :tongue2: It's all down to money with the fen guys. I read a few weeks ago or it could have been months :hmm: no matter, one of your super heros marcusus on here, I thought oh aye, finally a saluki guy who knows what he is talking about not like the brown noses on here but alas he just proved my point..... :icon_redface: It wasn't long before he was trying to cash in on past glories....... trying to sell frozen sperm from a dead dog, I mean, c'mon to f**k :icon_eek: It's bad enough we have to endure the endless dvd sellers on here, brookie incorperated.... but to see one of your leaders reduced to selling a so called legends spunk, begs belief :blink: If the dog was so precious that sperm was frozen you'd think he'd be keeping it to keep his own lines intact not cash in but as I said on numerous occassions...... it's fuckall to do with the chase, it's all to do with the dosh :yes:

Agreed, salukis do seem to run there quarry into the ground instead of using brains and forcein the quarry into a mistake and timeing there strike! As jack hargreaves said a lurcher is speed cross brains( grey cross collie) witch is the original lurcher atb walshy

Edited by walshy123

Agreed, salukis do seem to run there quarry into the ground instead of using brains and forcein the quarry into a mistake and timeing there strike! As jack hargreaves said a lurcher is speed cross brains( grey cross collie) witch is the original lurcher atb walshy

Exactly mate but it's all down to greed. You just need to listen to the comments on here, aye but a collie cross wont get you 5 & 6's, who the f**k wants to be killing 6 hares at a time every f*****g time unless your betting??? And don't f*****g tell me the saluki crosses are doing this anyhow, aye the odd one will fluke it on them fens where the hare needs to learn to be a rabbit to escape but that apart, no chance. A bit of saluki in a dog and I mean as little as possible is ok but anything else, forget it ;)

the general theme I,m getting from this thread is everytime the saluki type gets mentioned coursing is in the same sentance but when we,re talking about a proper LURCHER doing proper lurcher work being able to think on its feet and do all manner of tasks the collie type wins every time,

I think :D

Collie was bred to take instruction, and very good at it they are indeed ,they can turn their hand to most canine tasks and do very well at jobs other dogs were bred to do, but doing very well is fine but it wont reach the heights of dogs bred for a specific purpose,

On the other hand a saluki is bred just to catch, thats all, not take instruction or jump through hoops for anyone, its intelligence is in its ability to catch, it just knows how to do it better than other breeds,