ALLROUNDER

What would you class as a allrounder a dog that take everything. All edible game as well as teeth and does the lot .Or daytime mooching ferreting and lamping ?Or everthing i have mentioned me personally everything ive mentioned atb

Edited by nothernlite

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 man's defination off allrounder differ's from the next ,imo the dog must take rabbit/rats /hare /fox/deer on different type's of terrain ,work round hole's be able draw when required ,trained 2 high

My dogs are allrounders, - They're shit at everything     :laugh:   Cheers, D.

if you wrote a list of all the things a true allrounder should be capable of according to the members on here i think there would be fewer dogs capable than what lads would have you believe,just a gue

Should be a moocher,net dog,coursing dog and lamp dog taking all edible game in my eyes...

Jack of all trades master of none, meaning when I said "coursing" I mean can catch daytime hares thats not 5/5 fen match dog..

Most folk Say all rounder, folk will have all rounders and never know it..

• Like 1

What would you class as a allrounder a dog that take everything and does the lot .Or daytime mooching ferreting and lamping ?Or everthing i have mentioned me personally everything ive mentioned atb

seems to be a topic where everyone has a different take on it, years ago for us it used to be a dog who could work the lamp , run a hare, and draw any heavy stuff needed to be drawn.

IMHO an all round dog would also retrieve shot game from land and water like a retriever......

What happens if you dont shoot ?

Then, again just my own opinion, it would just be an animal that takes a wide variety of game not an all round dog........

IMHO an all round dog would also retrieve shot game from land and water like a retriever......

Then, again just my own opinion, it would just be an animal that takes a wide variety of game not an all round dog........

i think iceman came up with the right answer what the owner wants it to do i know one of mine would retrieve from water it would do what it was told . But again my opinion of a allrounder is take everything edible atb Edited by nothernlite

i think iceman came up with the right answer what the owner wants it to do i know one of mine would retrieve from water it would do what it was told . But again my opinion of a allrounder is take everything edible atb

You are contradicting yourself now you said that the lad with the Hancock dog hasn't got an all-rounder because it dosen't do teeth yet your all-rounder takes all edible game, you eat a lot of foxes then do you?

• Like 1