rock dogs

thinking of getting a terrier in time, where i live its all rock earths very deep bolted alot from them in past with me mates old bitch sad to say but we lost bitch in big rock spot she was 9 year old when lost her she had worked the spot all her life miss that bitch. we got a bitch out of old bitch an she bolted some now in rock not had a dig to her yet time will tell she small thing. looking for dog pup when we no young bitch is proven most be out of a long lines of out an out rock dogs, put some photos up of your rock dogs so i can see [bANNED TEXT] stamp of terriers you work rock with. thanks for looking tank.

Never worked any, would need to drive 30 miles to find any, takes something special to work them I suppose.good luck finding a pup

it takes a dog with a very good nose and a good brain, and 3 or 4 seasons of working rock to work them proper mate

This is an interesting thread. I have been working some dogs in the sides of some very rocky hills in central Texas. I have no experience with this kind of hunting but enjoy it. I will say it scares me though. It is very remote and inaccessable, so it is to a large extent up to the dog. I have mixed feelings about it, but the area is full of game. There really isn't much doubt that I will loose some dogs here. I don't know of anyone over here that has experience with this type of thing so any advice would be appreciated. If I need to start a new thread I will. Thanks

A good rock dog will find in any earth, unfortunately, the same cant always be said in reverse.

For those of us who have had to get down in amongst it to possibly rescue a dog, and seen all the myriad of cracks and gaps all with wind blowing through them , which f****n one do you take ??, then the wind changes direction and your back to square one, thats how it must be for a good rock dog, they are a rare commodity, and should be treasured greatly, they deserve every bit of respect that they earn and then some.

ALL good working terriers deserve the highest level of respect afforded to them, its hard earned.

B

• Like 4

A good rock dog will find in any earth, unfortunately, the same cant always be said in reverse.

For those of us who have had to get down in amongst it to possibly rescue a dog, and seen all the myriad of cracks and gaps all with wind blowing through them , which f****n one do you take ??, then the wind changes direction and your back to square one, thats how it must be for a good rock dog, they are a rare commodity, and should be treasured greatly, they deserve every bit of respect that they earn and then some.

ALL good working terriers deserve the highest level of respect afforded to them, its hard earned.

B

well said bootsha