Mayweather or De La Hoya?

I'm waiting with baited breath to see this fight.I'm gonna go for De La Hoya,but i think its gonna be a close fight.Mayweather is good but i think it'll be a different story when he start's getting hit by a naturally bigger man,who's quick as well,which is something he's managed to avoid so far.Be nice to see Mayweather getting his big disrespectfull mouth shut good and proper.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either way it should make exellent veiwing...mayweather is moving up a weight so that might slow him down a touch, but he does have youth on his side, then again oscar is an out and out class fighter but age could get the better of him.....ill go for oscar on points

mayweather will put him down on the canvas ... :big_boss: oscar is slowing down hes a class fighter but i think his time has come ...mayweather is a mouther fecker and i wish it was the other way round but i dont think so :victory:;)

Mayweather is a silky fast fighter,but hes been lacking in power since he went past 140 lbs.He couldnt put Baldimor or Judah away when he fought them despite winning both fights by a stretch,and this is his only weakness imo.Thats why I fancy Hoya to win by a late stoppage,I cant see Mayweather having the power to reallly trouble him.Mayweathers silky skills might be enough to win a close points decision but who ever wins it is a great match up.

i can see de la hoya taking a comfortable points win...he has the best trainer in the world in freddie roach and has never had problems going the distance,i think he will be too busy for mayweather and out think him.....well i hope so anyway.

Could be a real GREAT fight :D:D

I feel that MAYWEATHERS best chance is to HIT and MOVE if he trys to stand and trade then i THINK that De La Hoya will finish him, as he certainly has the superior PUNCHING POWER :yes:

I really HOPE De LA HOYA KO's him......he's been really disrespectful to many boxes MAYWEATER and it would AWESOME to really get PUT in his place by getting KO'd :D

All the best Tommy ;);)

Just watched the weigh in,De La Hoya was 4 lb's heavier! by fight time he'll be at least 12-14 lb heavier than that.So i just stuck a tenner on him to ko Mayweather at 8/1,might be a bit optomistic but it's boxing.

Mayweather is mouthing off to much and to me that's the sign of a scared fighter, DeLa Hoya may be stretched but think he be victorioous on the night :victory: Then i wonder if Floyd Mayweather would ever get it on with The Hitman???

Mayweather is mouthing off to much and to me that's the sign of a scared fighter, DeLa Hoya may be stretched but think he be victorioous on the night :victory: Then i wonder if Floyd Mayweather would ever get it on with The Hitman???

Spot on there Matti,but i dont think Mayweather would fight Hatton,style's make fight's and The Hitman would be in his face and bullying him too much,thats why he's avoided him so far.The same thing happened with Roy Jone's when he was supposedly unbeatable.Steve Collin's went to see him in person and offered him a winner take's all fight,needless to say Jone's declined the offer,and as soon as he fought anyone with ambition he was exposed and ko'd.I hope De La Hoya hurt's him REAL bad tonight.