Mayweather or De La Hoya?

Mayweather fought like he was scared of him.

If you thought deep down that you would get beaten if you stood & traded with a bigger man instead of fighting like Mayweather did would you? Only an idiot would do that, fight the fight to win regardless of what style it is.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayweather fought like he was scared of him.

If you thought deep down that you would get beaten if you stood & traded with a bigger man instead of fighting like Mayweather did would you? Only an idiot would do that, fight the fight to win regardless of what style it is.

Tbh I was expecting more aggression from Mayweather in the fight.If he had fought half as good as his mouth does it wouldnt have got past the first round lol.He did come on a lot stronger in the last 3 rounds and I think thats what won him the fight.

as regards the judging of this fight there are 2 things that dont ring true for me...1, american judges have always put emphasis on the fighter going forward,the aggressor...which de la hoya was....2, normally in a very close fight they will give it to the champion...which de la hoya was

as someone has already said,many of mayweathers punches were not true scoring punches,having landed on the gloves...there were no knockdowns and no point deductions....clearly de la hoya won the early part of the fight and mayweather won the latter part......no doubt there were at least 2 rounds where the points were shared......for me this all makes it very harsh on de la hoya not retaining his title

as for hatton,i dont think he would beat mayweather...as for hit man hearns.....devastating puncher but a glass jaw !