In the woods again!

Back down after the recent downpours I noticed the branches were fairly empty, probably due to the Harris hawk cruising by every now and then like a Vauxhall Corsa at a a McDonalds! I noticed a silhouette against the skyline that could only be a woodie. I got into the trees unseen and picked my way through to where I could get a shot off. I managed to get into a firing position through the branches but not to where I could get a head shot, so I went for just above the front wing, lined up and fired.

Woody came tumbling through the branches. Not a lot else about, looking at the crop on this one it had gutsed itself into a position whereby it could fly back to roost but then do damn all after that. Only one I am afraid chaps, but they all count!

DSC00503.jpg

Back down after the recent downpours I noticed the branches were fairly empty, probably due to the Harris hawk cruising by every now and then like a Vauxhall Corsa at a a McDonalds!

Good shooting..it would of been even better if you shot that harris hawk..they is far too many getting lost and not recovered and it is only a matter of time before a none indigenous species start breeding over here.. :cray: ..if i ever see one that i can't retrieve it will die from lead poisoning..

Still there cruising the branches, heard the beggar tonight, got another pigeon with a shot right between the eyes, impressed myself that did! The rabbits are getting too nervy to come out, I know this one is female so is she building herself up for breeding? Certainly a few impacts from where it has got pigeons! Little feathered circles where it has smashed them into the ground!

Edited by secretagentmole

A harris does not have a hope in hell's chance of catching a healthy pigeon...it's rather a spar catching them or the harris is pulling young wood pigeon out of the nest's..

Have you tried catching the loose hawk matey..or informing other folk as it might be a genuine loss with someone desperate to get it back..