glen of imals

Workers all... :hmm::icon_eek::bad:

They might not be all workers, but if they are some of the oldest lines they must go back to some workers and maybe trial glenns. The gene pool is very small when it comes to Glenns. Give the fella a ring.I think hes at Glenns about 30 odd years

• Like 3

Know the man selling these they ar all show dogs but ar from good working lines so im told... but at 400+ euros its an expensive chance to take with an old dog thats only ever seen a green field of rosettes.

Saying that a few seasons back i had a 5 year old ballyfoyle bred bitch (Ikc reg didnt cost half what hes after) never saw work till i got her and she had no problem in the pocket but would need a cave to travel. If they have it in them you wont be long knowing with a glen.

• Like 1

Know the man selling these they ar all show dogs but ar from good working lines so im told... but at 400+ euros its an expensive chance to take with an old dog thats only ever seen a green field of rosettes.

Saying that a few seasons back i had a 5 year old ballyfoyle bred bitch (Ikc reg didnt cost half what hes after) never saw work till i got her and she had no problem in the pocket but would need a cave to travel. If they have it in them you wont be long knowing with a glen.

I paid 700 for my dog as a 7 week old pup and 650 for my bitch.She was about 2 years old. That fella in Cork bred the sire and dam to my Glenn dog and the sire to my bitch. Both from all kc dogs. They are both grand.Unfortunately the bitch didnt get out as much as the dog.She would be much better than she is with more digs under her belt.Shes improved every dig shes done. Im happy with the dog.The gene pool is so small they all have bits and pieces of each other along the way. Pay your money take your chances.

its what you put into them that counts i have a glen pup coming here in the summer when its born , it will be interesting to see how it works the parents are spot on

I would say patience. Physically they look like old men even as pups. Let the puppy brain catch up with the brawn. Ive a pup there hes 10 months. If I can be patient enough I wouldnt introduce him to work untill december or even january 2013. To look at him now you would throw him into the deep end. He looks more mature than he is. Physically he looks able. Good luck with your pup.You will get alot of enjoyment out of it working

• Like 1

Well I had a glen bitch in the 70's (so more than 30 years ago) and she wouldn't have passed the big test so I would be very wary of some one trading on legend.

That was ur last blast then ?