fast killing hare dogs

Guest Sorley Boys clan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it should never matter what religion any of us are were all into dogs and a bit of hunting thats what counts

if the dog kills it fast its a bad hare prob at the start of the season but not in the heart of winter and yes they will and can be killed fast does not make it a bad hare the dog was just to sharp fo

Posted Images

My 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie was a good hare killing dog in his day ,10 year old now but he would take 3 or 4 turns out of them and would make his strike at any time of the season,but saying that he had a few head over heals moments as well

post-21594-0-21277200-1329730370.jpg

Edited by lurcher330

Every hare should be aloud to get out off the seat no mater where you hunt.Be it Ireland ,Scotland,England,Wales it does not matter.The fields could not be that small to slip straight out off the bed.Am sure there as been plenty hares over the season that have been caught in 2, 3 turns.This are hares that are caught on a ware and caught sleeping in the bed or young lever t not knowing what the danger is coming towards it.If you do catch hare like this slipping straight out off the bed do you really count it as a catch?????

Guest Sorley Boys clan

Every hare should be aloud to get out off the seat no mater where you hunt.Be it Ireland ,Scotland,England,Wales it does not matter.The fields could not be that small to slip straight out off the bed.Am sure there as been plenty hares over the season that have been caught in 2, 3 turns.This are hares that are caught on a ware and caught sleeping in the bed or young lever t not knowing what the danger is coming towards it.If you do catch hare like this slipping straight out off the bed do you really count it as a catch?????

no

Cracking dogs lads :thumbs:

Ive done my share of both pre ban out for a dinner and out for sport if out for a dinner id let them hunt their own but id go more early and late in the day so the hares are on the move more often than not or at least sat feedingnothing better than watching a dog hunt a field properly but saying that If i was going for sport id go later in the morning in the cold months dinner time and the dogs would be on a slip and the hare given a good start.

Ive found running the dogs free helps them slow up quicker than when they are run off a slip only.

owned some quick killing dogs in my time as well but they also had enough wind when it was needed interesting post :yes:

Edited by juckler123

i googled it like you said but sorley boys was scotish so just presumed it was williams boys anyway get back to the dog talk

sorley boy was 2 centurys before william mate and he kicked with the wrong foot

Lmao- kicked with the wrong foot- great expression lol!

your new pups should be able to get the job done quick duncan

Thanks mate - she's looking good so far :thumbs: