fast killing hare dogs

Guest Sorley Boys clan

I personally like to give them a head start ( depending on the size of the fields as to many yards) as it's a sport at the end of the day.

We cant class this as a sport if we don't give it a "sporting chance"

Should not be called a sport because that is why it was banned because it was looked at as a cruel sport and not hunting

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it should never matter what religion any of us are were all into dogs and a bit of hunting thats what counts

if the dog kills it fast its a bad hare prob at the start of the season but not in the heart of winter and yes they will and can be killed fast does not make it a bad hare the dog was just to sharp fo

Posted Images

i can appreciate an owners pride when his dog can last for 5 or 6 min behind a strong hare, i also like a tight dog that pressurises the hare looking for a mistake but i also admire the traditional type collie curs approach using it's wits and inherited skills picking one out of it seat. the hares don't (sorry didn't pre ban) belong to any type of owner, hunter or dog i thinks its back to that old cheese its horses for courses

• Like 2

dogs that take 2 or 3 turns job done.... lets see them

2 or 3 turns job done???theres not been a dog born mate that will catch like that .maybe early season,soft shite that have never seen a dog.but ive seen dogs do 2 or 3 turns job done in the past,but come december ,january when they dont sit like muppets the same good dogs get straight lined out the park.a dog that catches quick like that tends to like getting them up at its feet .given a start they get blew out the water .jmo

2 or 3 turns job done???theres not been a dog born mate that will catch like that .maybe early season,soft shite that have never seen a dog.but ive seen dogs do 2 or 3 turns job done in the past,but come december ,january when they dont sit like muppets the same good dogs get straight lined out the park.a dog that catches quick like that tends to like getting them up at its feet .given a start they get blew out the water .jmo

Thats just what i wanted to say mate but c**t be arsed typing lol ur 100% right pal

Guest Sorley Boys clan

Thats just what i wanted to say mate but c**t be arsed typing lol ur 100% right pal

one word lads ballocks

one word lads ballocks

you must run some easy ground mate.
Guest Sorley Boys clan

one word lads ballocks

i didnt say i have one :thumbs:

one word lads ballocks

did you find out what a hard blood was mate? :icon_redface: dogman lol

im just glad sorley boys not around here with those 2 or 3 turns party over dogs.hes been on the bucky. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Guest Sorley Boys clan

one word lads ballocks

did you find out what a hard blood was mate? :icon_redface: dogman lol

i did thanks is not a term used in ireland ;)
Guest Sorley Boys clan

im just glad sorley boys not around here with those 2 or 3 turns party over dogs.hes been on the bucky. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bucky i wonder who else uses that when there being smart :laugh: f**k off ya knob

A lot of factors come into this topic.First of all you wont see many dogs that will take a hare on two or three turns.Now and again yes.So what do we put it down to.Is it the ground the dog has worked most times,Training,breeding,The dogs abilty to learn,Daytime,Lamp.Been in the game 35 years and i still cant work it out.Think i know most of the pros and cons.But in the end i think its all down to luck.And knowing how to get the best out of any dog. :victory: