large terriers

Just out of interest, what is the largest terrier (in height) you lot have work to ground, its just that im bringing a patt on at the moment 10 month and i think hes got a bit on the large side! any thoughts on this subject? gonna try and get a couple of pics on of him! hes a good 15 to the shoulder! and a right lump!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A big lad who never failed to get there.

ive had a lifetime of terriers. most of them on the big side. and as i was allways fox only. i can assure anyone that wants to listen. a big terrier is handycapped. it will get to some easily. others

hi b. b.b. i wouldnt believe in all that spanning by hand talk. i have seen big dog work with no problems. granted they might have to work that bit harder to get their, but if they want too they w

Posted Images

hi b. b.b.

i wouldnt believe in all that spanning by hand talk.

i have seen big dog work with no problems.

granted they might have to work that bit harder to get their,

but if they want too they will get their if they can in the end.

atb j

• Like 3

17 1/2 in and around 25+ pound border x pat from a mistake breeding from two good line's..he does not have a hope in hell's chance of getting to a fox but if it was still legal im sure he would fit down to something..not sure what he would be like though but the potential is there..and he is just about brain dead.. :D

img9884u.jpg

img9886mb.jpg

ive had a lifetime of terriers. most of them on the big side. and as i was allways fox only. i can assure anyone that wants to listen. a big terrier is handycapped. it will get to some easily. others it will have to work to get to and a good lot it wont have a chance in hell of getting on. ive given up now and dont need to tell porkies. big dogs can have big problems to ground on fox. in soft sandy soil or ash. they will also have a job on their hands in roots . and anywhere the digging is hard. ive allways liked a strong terrier. but thats becouse i always had a handy little un. somewhere about me. cs

• Like 5