shocking broadband speeds

In the past few months i have had nothing but trouble with my broadband ie not working or its worse than dial up. I do live in the country and when first got broadband here we were told a speed of 0.75 pretty pants but least we have it. Through all the storms of wind and rain it worked grand soon as the weather got better no broadband so rang bt they did a line check and said it was our hub it was powering out or something and they would send a new one. New one came and we had broaband again but at a speed of 0.13 next night same time of night its up to 0.76. then its all the way back down. so its up and down like a yoyo last night its been the best ever was up to 1.2. Tried to complain to bt but they just keep saying it because hub is next to telly or phone its picking up static , em no box is the hall nowhere nothing else. Anyone else have shocking speed this is the year 2012 surely things should be better by now

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That means it would be quicker for a snail to do a lap of silverstone than it would for you to download/upload video's and pictures

Mind the old VCR days when you were just about on the vinegar stroke and the bastardin tracking went???........nightmare!!! :laugh:

fibre optic weve only just had gas :laugh:

In the past few months i have had nothing but trouble with my broadband ie not working or its worse than dial up. I do live in the country and when first got broadband here we were told a speed of 0.75 pretty pants but least we have it. Through all the storms of wind and rain it worked grand soon as the weather got better no broadband so rang bt they did a line check and said it was our hub it was powering out or something and they would send a new one. New one came and we had broaband again but at a speed of 0.13 next night same time of night its up to 0.76. then its all the way back down. so its up and down like a yoyo last night its been the best ever was up to 1.2. Tried to complain to bt but they just keep saying it because hub is next to telly or phone its picking up static , em no box is the hall nowhere nothing else. Anyone else have shocking speed this is the year 2012 surely things should be better by now

your lucky :laugh: im with bt and can only dream of a 0.76 :laugh: ive complained times and they do feck all :laugh: rural living :thumbs:

You've just got to keep complaining until they send an engineer round. Those guys are usually pretty good but the so called tech support are the equivalent of a doctors surgery secretary...getting passed them is a nightmare. Is there no alternative service in your area?

When you first connect to Broadband service, it takes a few days before the speed settles at it's best, you might well see high (?) and low results for a few days until it stabilises, I remember reading that when I went with PlusNet.

ive had it 2 years :laugh: you are correct it can take up to 2 weeks :thumbs:

Fibre Optic the way forward.

fibre optic :laugh: weve only just had gas :laugh: :laugh:

You're lucky, we haven't even got that! :laugh: ..and don't get me started on mobile phones, they're still using smoke signals in these parts! :rolleyes: