Quick question

The reason a lot of ferrets won't eat rook and crow is because their feathers are real dusty and dirty from scavenging on landfills. If you rip some of the feathers off the breast and split the bird they will eat the whole lot quite happily.

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

The only word of warning is due to crows digestive habits and diet they can have germs that may make your ferts sick a outside chance but for me not worth the risk.

ATB Cookie

• Like 1

The reason a lot of ferrets won't eat rook and crow is because their feathers are real dusty and dirty from scavenging on landfills. If you rip some of the feathers off the breast and split the bird they will eat the whole lot quite happily.

Aye i do that with pigeon's and the ferrets love it just dint know if crow was safe for them to eat

Cheers for the replys lads :D

Edited by marshall298

ive seen shot rooks in fields not touched for months not even rats will eat them, they just rot away slowly :laugh: i mixed some with pheasent and pigeon once in a cassorole by jesus you knew when you hit rook :laugh:

My Mum still makes rook pie at 78 years of age, mixed with beef and bacon and its bloody lovely, but you have to use branchers or young ones. Having said that I have never given her any old ones to try it with!