John "Jock" Tait

Jock’s passing is indeed a very sad loss to the terrier world. He was without doubt a man amongst terrier men, one of the “old school” who earned his reputation where it counted most and rightly deserved all of the respect with which he was held.

In the 1980s he was one of that band of Scottish terrier men who would regularly make the long trek down south to those initial meetings of the NWTF at the Worcester Hunt kennels (without the benefits of the posh cars, or the motorway networks we have today) and also later when the meetings moved to Cumbria. His contribution as the Brig O’lea WTC representative was always significant and respected.

Over the more recent years and with failing health, Jock was unable to attend those meetings in person. But it says a lot that each year at the AGM he would still be proposed and voted in as one of the NWTFs Scottish representatives, such was the respect for the man and all that he stood for.

If there is an afterlife, then I’d like to think that somewhere out there are two young “Jocks” (Jock Reid and Jock Tait), each in their prime and surrounded by all their favourite terriers, sharing a dram along with a fair few tales and toasting those little dogs of which they were both so fond.

With deep sadness and the greatest of respect – R.I.P. Jock

• Like 6

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jock’s passing is indeed a very sad loss to the terrier world. He was without doubt a man amongst terrier men, one of the “old school” who earned his reputation where it counted most and rightly deser

With sad news my tuitor/mentor and best friend has died today .Funeral at Neilston Cemetary at 1.30pm this Friday another loss to the terrier scene and a Man of true values sadly missed All The Best

This is Jeniffer Jocks eldest daughter i just wanted to say thank you on behalf of myself and my family for all your kind words. My dad was and will always be my hero and he is sorely missed.   Wit

One of the nicest people I ever knew. Always happy to give advice from his vast knowledge - but only when asked. So many people's lives will be poorer now he is not here, including mine.

John and I would like his wife and family to know they are in our thoughts and we offer our most sincere sympathy.

We'll not see his like again.

Goodbye friend.

Irene and John Shearer

• Like 1