Dilemma

Was out yesterday with the pup and a bloke off this site, and we got to talking about would i be letting him go to ground when he is older, maybe about 18 month to 2 years, as the dog is a pet too i was a bit put off doing this but thought that the odd rats and rabbits would do but i keep thinking it over and one part of my head says don't the other part says do, has any one else on here had the same dilemma in their head, i know its a while away yet like but just gives me plenty of time to think :hmm:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate theres always something that could go wrong when entering a terrier to ground, Everytime they enter we risk losing them its something you have to get your head round, its not a nice thought but i

plenty of lads just hunt rats in large numbers and breed from there stock, doesnt make them wrong and there dogs any worse for it. stick with what you fancy doing, its your dog and time all the best

If you are only half hearted then the answer is no .Its not a matter of having to dig the dog out but wanting to .If it does start and you arnt 100% on the idea then give it away to someone that is .

just try him, what can go wrong? collar him up and let him go :)

Mate theres always something that could go wrong when entering a terrier to ground, Everytime they enter we risk losing them its something you have to get your head round, its not a nice thought but it is the reality of terrier work.

• Like 4

just try him, what can go wrong? collar him up and let him go :)

Mate theres always something that could go wrong when entering a terrier to ground, Everytime they enter we risk losing them its something you have to get your head round, its not a nice thought but it is the reality of terrier work.

Thats my main dilemma, i noticed Alli liked your comment and i recall he has had his fair share of trouble recently losing dogs, like i said previously Marvin is also a family pet :hmm:

You dont seem to want to comit to the earth game mate! there is allways a risk of the dog being harmed or lost we all know that when we go out, my addvice would be no untill your confident enough and happy with the idea.. all the best with your dog.

You dont seem to want to comit to the earth game mate! there is allways a risk of the dog being harmed or lost we all know that when we go out, my addvice would be no untill your confident enough and happy with the idea.. all the best with your dog.

yeah think it is just a lack of knowledge thing really, maybe similar to the two replies prior to yours mate :thumbs: