Beddy Crosses

got a beddy/whipp x grey 23" and he has done all ive asked of him, dosnt mind things that bite back and was pretty quick aswell...he is 8 now and still does a job when out bushing, although he has learnt to "box clever"....in other words he is a lazy f****r! ive had a pup off him and he is turning out pretty nice! im a massive fan of a bit of beddy blood!

matt

i can only go by the ones ive seen. my old mate had them 25 /30 years and ive seen quite a few others go.the whippet/beddys made good ferreting mouching dogs never seen 1 lamp size aprox 17 -20ts. whippet/beddy/greys seen them ferret/lamp and catch hunted up daytime hares size approx 21-24. beddy greys seen them ferret/lamp catch hunted up daytime hares size 22-24.not seen 1 work for a good few years now. i like the cross found they had great noses and were determined dogs that really did try to catch.im going to get a pup in next year.not had a lurcher for a few years after having them 20 years plus. just been ferreting with the beddy. for what i do now ferreting and mooching one of these types will suit me fine

Edited by darbo

i have a beddy whippet gh when he was runing with 4 legs he was fantastic dog on the lamp very good in the day very fast dogs if you get the right one that is keen as anything i saw one many years a go it would do rabbits hare fox and would take the od roe so as i say pick the right one fantastic dogs

iv got a 2nd cross beddiexwhippet here young dogg only 19/20 tts. picked up the lamp staright away quick little thing only use him for rabbits hes had a chase of a charlie but it managed to get through a hedge , not sure what would of happened if it didnt make it tbh i dont the dog would of won :( hes a handy ferreting dog too will push through hedges and brambles no problem

Im happy with him the only thing is hes a very sensitive dog even raise your vocie too much and he wont come back to you. also hes got a coat from the whippet side not knocking whippets but he dosnt cope well with the cold or wet, tough with bumps and bangs just the weather lol

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/Natalie_Alexander/2011%20-%20animals/102_0364.jpg

What are Beddy X's like as a rabbiting dog ? Both lamping and daytime ?

There some cracking looking dogs but are they upto lamping or would they be a bit small ?

Whats a good size for them to make ?

imo they can make great little dogs both daytime and night and are more than capable of catching decent size bags

best rabbit dog you can get day or night if you want a genuine first cross get yourself a greyhound bitch and get a lining of a working bedligton then you can pick your own , the rest will sell no problem if you are not greedy with the price

I have a first cross bedi greyhound about 22 1/2 inches he will be 9 this year.

He has been a fantastic dog.

Tough as boot,100% with ferrets and all stock.Good lamping dog.

Getting the right bedlington breeding is the secret and if you do a little research they are still outthere.

2 mates of mine have got beddyxs the 1 mate got a bitch 20tts & in her prime she would catch double figures regular on the lamp the best he done with her in a night was 20 bunnys that's good going for a 20tts bitch & my mate has a dog about 22tts & he will do it all fair play day & night & loves the sharp end he's the best beddyx I've seen hands down & they have lined these 2 & the pups out of these 2 will be fantastic pot fillers with plenty of grit atb cbx